Holster for the XDM45 4.5" for CCDW??

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
spreston1911
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by spreston1911 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Bought this gun, love it. Incredible shooter, but I comptac or bladetech do not make a holster for it yet.

Does someone manufacture IWB holsters for that?

Does it fit in the 9/40 caliber sized holsters? Anyone tried that?
-was not feeling the $90 risk

DeathFA

Re: Holster for the XDM45 4.5" for CCDW??

Post by DeathFA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am

Sorry this is late, I just joined. Crossbreed holsters make great products. They will have what you need if you haven't already found one.

Sent from the barrel of my Springfield Armory XD

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 am

Crossbreed or I think MTAC make good iwb holsters. You might want to call Blade Tech and ask about their IWB holsters. I have a Blade Tech OWB duty holster with Tech Loc for my XDM 9mm 4.5 and it is outstanding.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 am

Mtac best iwb holster I've ever personally used or seen. Everybody makes holsters these days but I'm not seeing better holsters. Anybody sees me out you can check it out personally.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am

Problem with crossbreed holsters is that they are almost wrapping around half of your body. All of that extra holster is not only extra weight but it is there for no good reason. Minotaur mtac has leather and the belt clips all within an inch or so of the gun and supports it closer so you can move the holster to your preference. Also the clips are polymer and don't mar belts. They go over top and hook over to grab your belt from under. The bodies switch out and you only have to buy replacement bodies for other time and not complete holsters saving you money and you have a nice broken in holster that fits your body. None of these things are true with crossbreed.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 am

That's just cause you're a scrawny little bastard

DeathFA

Post by DeathFA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:35 am

jackalo626 wrote:Problem with crossbreed holsters is that they are almost wrapping around half of your body. All of that extra holster is not only extra weight but it is there for no good reason. Minotaur mtac has leather and the belt clips all within an inch or so of the gun and supports it closer so you can move the holster to your preference. Also the clips are polymer and don't mar belts. They go over top and hook over to grab your belt from under. The bodies switch out and you only have to buy replacement bodies for other time and not complete holsters saving you money and you have a nice broken in holster that fits your body. None of these things are true with crossbreed.
That's not 100% correct. Crossbreed supertuck is the largest one because it is meant for full sized guns. They have the mini, which I use for my XDs. They have an appendix and a few others I think. They have three belt options. Velcro for deep concealment, jhook which hooks under the belt and the standard loop hooks. But they don't have the changeable bodies. That sounds very intriguing. I am going to have to check into that and see how I like them. Thanks for the info.

Sent from the barrel of my Springfield XD

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:11 pm

DeathFA wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:Problem with crossbreed holsters is that they are almost wrapping around half of your body. All of that extra holster is not only extra weight but it is there for no good reason. Minotaur mtac has leather and the belt clips all within an inch or so of the gun and supports it closer so you can move the holster to your preference. Also the clips are polymer and don't mar belts. They go over top and hook over to grab your belt from under. The bodies switch out and you only have to buy replacement bodies for other time and not complete holsters saving you money and you have a nice broken in holster that fits your body. None of these things are true with crossbreed.
That's not 100% correct. Crossbreed supertuck is the largest one because it is meant for full sized guns. They have the mini, which I use for my XDs. They have an appendix and a few others I think. They have three belt options. Velcro for deep concealment, jhook which hooks under the belt and the standard loop hooks. But they don't have the changeable bodies. That sounds very intriguing. I am going to have to check into that and see how I like them. Thanks for the info.

I have a crossbreed for my xd9 specifically as well and it is the big one that has a bunch of extra leather. It also has the metal clips with the crosses on them that mar belts. I am just speaking from my experience. I know they make multiple sizes but I only have the one and never used it again after I got my mtac. It was nice until I got the new holster.

DeathFA

Post by DeathFA » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I
jackalo626 wrote:
DeathFA wrote:

I have a crossbreed for my xd9 specifically as well and it is the big one that has a bunch of extra leather. It also has the metal clips with the crosses on them that mar belts. I am just speaking from my experience. I know they make multiple sizes but I only have the one and never used it again after I got my mtac. It was nice until I got the new holster.
No problems. Just wanted to put it out there that they have multiple sizes and belt loops. But I am really interested in the mtac. Could you throw up some pics of it for me?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 pm

I actually don't have any of my holster but Comp-Tac has a great website with great photos. They sell holsters and all of the replacement parts and not to mention belts, mag holsters, etc.

Return to “XD & Glock”