TUPPERWARE?!?!

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

TUPPERWARE?!?!

Post by Livewire » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Here my first attempt at color fill. I tried it on the mags first and when I felt comfortable with it I went to the slide! Same gun was my first attempt at stippling a few months ago.

I used some acetone on the mags first to make sure it wasn't going to ruin anything, I did find out how much dirt was on them when I wiped the area down to clean it first. I then took some acrylic model paint and put a generous amount on the recesses with a brush. After it dried I used the acetone on a paper towel to wipe off the top layer of paint and leave it in the recesses. It was a complete failure. The acetone
removed all the paint. I did some more research and found out that fingernail polish is what most people use. So I broke into the old lady's bucket of those little bottles and found white and orange. What you see in the pics is the result. I did try it the same way as before and it worked perfectly, I intentionally stripped it all out again to make sure I could change it if I got tired of it.

SpookyPistolero
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: TUPPERWARE?!?!

Post by SpookyPistolero » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 pm

That came out great. I've stippled one of mine but never tried the color fill thing. I'm getting a G17 this week that happens to be stippled, but it looks really fine. Not sure how to do that.
You better call Kenny Loggins. Cause you're in the danger zone.

philbear
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by philbear » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 am

Liquid white-out works (if you can find it anymore), but it's fingernail polish ftw.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm

white crayon pressed in hard and rubbed ( dirty Minds)

then take some wax remover for furniture and put lightly on a rag and wipe excess off
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm

goin to use some of my wifes white fingernail polish to brighten up the sights on my Xdm tonight.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

TUPPERWARE?!?!

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 pm

I have TFOs on the way for both of my XDMs

Return to “XD & Glock”