For firearms enthusiasts from lovers of Glock, AR-15, XD, 1911s, shotguns, AK-47s, to black powder. For shooters, hunters, LEO'S, military, or casual enthusiasts. KAC is about firearms, and all the good things in life. Welcome!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Getting Glocked. Transition and observations.
Post Number:#26  PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Marcus wrote:
I'd get a 40 if I was getting now, but you could always get a conversion for the 41 and get the longer barrel and 10mm at a lower price point.

I was told from Lonewolf and Storm Lake that there wouldn't be a 10mm conversion for the G41 due to the very thin slide, but the frames are the same so you could get a whole G40 slide assembly and be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Number:#27  PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
I'd get a 40 if I was getting now, but you could always get a conversion for the 41 and get the longer barrel and 10mm at a lower price point.

I was told from Lonewolf and Storm Lake that there wouldn't be a 10mm conversion for the G41 due to the very thin slide, but the frames are the same so you could get a whole G40 slide assembly and be good to go.

Haven't done any research, but doesn't kkm make one?

Post Number:#28  PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:

My G41 was one the stolen guns, and I have a G40 now so I haven't looked for a while. The two I mentioned before said it would be dangerous to even attempt. G41 slide is closer to a G34/35 than the G40. It was VERY thin for a .45acp. It would fit in my 9/40 Glock Comptac holster it was just a little too tight.

Post Number:#29  PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:

My G41 was one the stolen guns, and I have a G40 now so I haven't looked for a while. The two I mentioned before said it would be dangerous to even attempt. G41 slide is closer to a G34/35 than the G40. It was VERY thin for a .45acp. It would fit in my 9/40 Glock Comptac holster it was just a little too tight.

Weird. To be honest, I've yet to actually put my hands on one.

Post Number:#30  PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Weird. To be honest, I've yet to actually put my hands on one.

They feel MUCH smaller than a G21/20... They barely feel bigger than G34/35 in hand.

Post Number:#31  PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:21 am 
KAC Member
KAC Member

I missed a Gen 4 G20 today. I saw it on VCI Classifieds a few days ago. 500 bucks and supposedly like new. It came with some ammo so I suspected the guy may have been a bit skeered of it or something. Anyway, I was a few minutes late with my text message. He just sold it. First 10 mm I've seen show up on there.

I just wish they made the G40 a sawbuck or so cheaper without the MOS. Red dots are useless with this astigmatism so I don't need that feature at all.

I've got a pile of stuff to reload for the 454 Casull/45LC. I may load and shoot that stuff over the next few months. If I don't find a reason to really dig that revolver I may see what I can get my favorite LGS to do for me on a new G40.

Post Number:#32  PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Here are those bags when closed. I was wrong. Three of them came from Midway but the two Tactical Performance bags came from Academy. I caught them all on sale. The magazine pouch came from Midway with the Magpul mags for 75 bucks at the time.