For firearms enthusiasts from lovers of Glock, AR-15, XD, 1911s, shotguns, AK-47s, to black powder. For shooters, hunters, LEO'S, military, or casual enthusiasts. KAC is about firearms, and all the good things in life. Welcome!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Glock FBI contract info?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:33 am 

Just found a post on Reddit discussing the newly developed handguns that Glock is manufacturing for the FBI contract.

We already know that there are no pistols in Glock's current lineup that fit the specs requested in the FBI's RFP. You can read more about this here: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... e-handgun/

Now, I know you can't believe everything you read on the Internet, but I found this too interesting not to share. Here is the text from said Reddit post:

"The new Glock M19 and M17 are being manufactured in Smyrna, Ga. as we speak. The first 10,000 handguns will be going to the FBI to meet the first portion of their contract. After that, they will be made available to other LEOs as Blue Label guns. They will be available to the civilian market after SHOT Show 2017.

The Glock M19 and M17 will meet all criteria for the contract with the FBI, including no finger grooves on the grip of the handgun. The handguns will be be a redesigned Gen4 frame."

I fully embrace a finger-grooveless future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Possible Glock FBI contract info?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:08 am 
KAC Member
KAC Member

It relative easy for Glock's toolmakers to modify a mold to make it no finger grooves.

Post subject: Re: Possible Glock FBI contract info?
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:09 am 
KAC Member
KAC Member

I may be showing my age but i remember when glocks did not have finger swells. The gen 3 is ideal for me , it fits me well. For agency issue I can see where the gen 4 would help some of the petite hands.