Possible Glock FBI contract info?

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
9mil
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Possible Glock FBI contract info?

Post by 9mil » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:33 am

Just found a post on Reddit discussing the newly developed handguns that Glock is manufacturing for the FBI contract.

We already know that there are no pistols in Glock's current lineup that fit the specs requested in the FBI's RFP. You can read more about this here: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... e-handgun/

Now, I know you can't believe everything you read on the Internet, but I found this too interesting not to share. Here is the text from said Reddit post:

"The new Glock M19 and M17 are being manufactured in Smyrna, Ga. as we speak. The first 10,000 handguns will be going to the FBI to meet the first portion of their contract. After that, they will be made available to other LEOs as Blue Label guns. They will be available to the civilian market after SHOT Show 2017.

The Glock M19 and M17 will meet all criteria for the contract with the FBI, including no finger grooves on the grip of the handgun. The handguns will be be a redesigned Gen4 frame."

I fully embrace a finger-grooveless future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Possible Glock FBI contract info?

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:08 am

It relative easy for Glock's toolmakers to modify a mold to make it no finger grooves.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Possible Glock FBI contract info?

Post by son of liberty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:09 am

I may be showing my age but i remember when glocks did not have finger swells. The gen 3 is ideal for me , it fits me well. For agency issue I can see where the gen 4 would help some of the petite hands.

Return to “XD & Glock”