Thoughts on upgraded barrels for the Glock 9's

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
spreston1911
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Thoughts on upgraded barrels for the Glock 9's

Post by spreston1911 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Any body have personal experience with multiple brands of barrels? I have only had a storm lake personally, loved it. Then know someone who had an early LWD and it would chamber rounds.

Building a couple of knew glocks and curious if I should just stay with the stock Glock barrel or go aftermarket....

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Thoughts on upgraded barrels for the Glock 9's

Post by Toddstang » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:59 pm

I really never noticed a big difference in swapping barrels in my 17. I could not tell a difference between the Lone WOLFE and the factory. Even shooting in the matches at the then Bluegrass Range I stuck with the factory barrel and did well with it.

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:07 pm

I've used and own 2 aftermarket barrels a lone wolf and a storm lake never noticed a difference other than my wolf barrel has a hard time feeding from my 33 rounder but both of mine are 40 to 9 conversion barrels.

I do know I can hit a 4" plate at 40 yards relatively consistent and fast with my lone wolf barrel but that's on a good day with my g23 (never tried it with factory yet).

And after market barrels are good if you shoot a lot of cast led bullets.

Sent from somewhere over yonder.
SI JE PUIS

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm gonna look at threaded w conventional rifling, so I can use lrn reloads and a moderator

adayton

Post by adayton » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:43 pm

I have a 6.5" threaded lone wolf and got it with a Gen4 G17 ... I ran a few hundred rounds through it (+P loads) and still couldn't get it to cycle with 115 grain factory ammo ... 124 gr was better... but the +P loads worked consistently ... I was going to get the Wolff spring kit and work in the right one to cycle the lower power, lighter loads... but ended up getting a Gen3 in trade and I am going to try that out instead to see if the different spring setup will work with it ... If not, I may still end up buying the Wolff spring kit for the gen3 and 'playing' with that to find the right combination...
Just need to get the time to get to the range to check it out ...

Return to “XD & Glock”