New to glock trigger q's

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

New to glock trigger q's

Post by justang1997 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am

So what can I do to shorten trigger reset? Don't need or want lighter trigger.

Are there any trigger mods that are general improvements without being unacceptable for carry?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: New to glock trigger q's

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Glock trigger kit

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 pm

new york 1 spring and 3.5 trigger bar with 25 cent trigger job
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

gaston_kalash

New to glock trigger q's

Post by gaston_kalash » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

I've tried about a half dozen different glock triggers and the only ones I like is stock or a glock minus connector with a New York spring. The fastest trigger I've used is the Haley strategic skimmer trigger but all it is is a polished trigger with a minus connector and a set screw in the trigger boot that barely lets it go into safe. IMO I just stick with a well broke stock trigger most the time now. The skimmer trigger was way over priced

Sent from somewhere over yonder.
Last edited by gaston_kalash on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SI JE PUIS

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm

I would like to try salient arms glock trigger some day.

Sent from somewhere over yonder.
SI JE PUIS

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm

i put a spacer in front of the bend in the trigger bar to remove the travel forward of the reset and feel what a $$$ trigger would basically do for $0 and not modifying the gun in a permanent way.

i made the spacer by sanding down a ziptie end until the trigger just barely reset. this removed the travel forward of the reset. the gun is not safe or carry worthy with a foreign bit of plastic in there...obviously. i didnt shoot it, dry fired only.

more permanently ive seen where people fit a set screw or pin for this, then remove some off the back of the trigger safety to keep it. not sure how smart that is but aftermarket triggers im sure change some of the geometry of the trigger shoe, trigger safety, bar, or firing pin to keep the safetys.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:26 pm

When you say "shorten the reset" are you speaking in terms of time, or distance?

In either case, because of the way Glocks work most modifications to shorten the reset will result in a heavier trigger pull. For example, a "heavier" connector works by steepening the connector's angle, which will reduce the distance the trigger has to travel to reset. Likewise, a stronger striker spring will cause the trigger to reset *faster*, at the cost of a heavier pull.

If you jus want a smoother reset you can do some polishing or buy one of the high-zoot trigger packs.

I'm no expert, but if the only way I know to shorten the trigger's reset without dorking around with the trigger pull is to eliminate overtravel. I'm sure somebody makes an overtravel stop for Glocks, and I *think* such a thing is incorporated in Ghost Rocket connectors.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Ok. Thanks guys. Good info here. I primarily shoot da/sa so heavy trigger doesn't bother me.
Thanks for suggestions because while I know glock triggers have been beaten to death, I never read anything about them because I never had one.

I'm liking the idea of faster reset by adding heavy firing pin spring. I didn't like lighter firing pin springs due to the idea of light primer strikes. My goal is to shoot fast but not have a light trigger that goes bang too early

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:05 pm

I was mainly speaking in terms of distance of reset.

Return to “XD & Glock”