KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Caracal Recall - Model C *updated*

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 am

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2013 ... nd+Gear%29
Caracal Recall - Model C
I usually don't post stuff like this, but I've been following the Caracal brand this year in hopes of getting my hands on a Caracal SC model as part of my 2013 Wish List. I just happened to notice this press release notice on Facebook this morning. FULL RECALL NOTICE ON THE CARACAL WEBSITE
http://www.caracal-usa.com/press/Recall ... -C-Pistol/

This follows an initial recall initiated on October 19, 2012 and updated on November 24, 2012 that affected some group of F and C model pistols. The remedy for the initial recall was a replacement pistol.

All this is unfortunate and it makes me wonder if the brand can overcome 2 recalls in a 5 month period for two different safety issues.

With so much recall activity going on, coupled with the crazy demand for everything gun related, I seriously doubt I'll see a SC model this year.
Posted by Bruce F at 7:42 AM
Last edited by WLJ on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Caracal Recall - Model C

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

Saw this thread on the high road a week or so ago.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.p ... ht=Caracal
It links to another forum

Guy got the back end of the slide in his face, knocked him out with a severe concussion.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Caracal Recall - Model C

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:44 am

Caracal Pistols Update
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... ls-update/
UAE gun manufacturer Caracal’s status in the US has largely been in limbo after the company had to recall every Model C pistol they ever made. Many speculated that reports of slides breaking was the reason behind the recall.

Caracal has been at the past few SHOT Shows, and even displayed a pair of 1911 pistols they planned to introduce.

In April, Caracal published this recall update which stated all Model C and F pistols have been recalled. Two reasons were given:

malfunctioning drop safeties and
slides breaking apart when the pistol is fired.
For everyone in possession of one of these guns, they can get a refund of the full purchase price. For anyone living in a country where Caracal is selling the new “enhanced” Model F, the owner can swap into the new handgun. (Note: Readers in the USA can check this page for additional information.)

Presumably, the enhanced nature of the new Model F means “doesn’t come apart at high speed” and “doesn’t go boom unless someone pulls the trigger.”

As part of the company’s new marketing push, they brought Rob Pincus, Wes Doss and David Bahde to the UAE to test drive a number of the company’s guns. This included the new Model F. All of them spoke highly of the gun in the marketing video, giving testimony to the pistol’s quality construction, reliability and handling characteristics.

I cannot speak to the reliability of the enhanced guns, and I will leave it to readers to determine if the gun appears to have a malfunction or at least fail to lock back at 1:05 in the video. I do wish the company had edited the video such that everyone shooting the guns was wearing proper ear and eye protection throughout the testing.

Return to “Recalls”