Post up here about gun recalls.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

KEL-TEC SUB-2000 RECALL

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 am

The link has an input box to check your SN and a link for the entire list of effected SNs

ATTENTION IMPORTANT SUB-2000 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
https://recalls.keltecweapons.com/
We have recently identified an issue with the heat treatment of certain steel tubes received from a third‐party supplier from which the barrels for a limited number of Kel‐Tec SUB‐2000 rifles were manufactured. This could potentially cause the barrel to rupture when a cartridge is fired and could result in serious personal injury. The safety of our customers is our primary concern, so Kel‐Tec has voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a barrel rupturing.

This recall only affects a portion of SUB‐2000s that were manufactured in 2017.

All costs associated with the recall of your firearm shall be covered by Kel‐Tec.

To check if your firearm would need to be sent in for barrel replacement enter your serial number into the provided field below. Refer to the image at the bottom of this page to help locate your serial number. In addition, if you would like to view a list of all affected serial numbers
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: KEL-TEC SUB-2000 RECALL

Post by kokopelli » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 am

I saw this coming- back in the summer a guy on the KT forums had a barrel blow apart close to the receiver. Of course everyone said it was a bad reload or a squib, but the guy was adamant that it wasn’t, and when he contacted KT about it they wanted the gun ASAP. Then other accounts of exploding barrels started showing up online.

I wonder who makes their blanks?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Just checked mine, it's not under the recall. Looks like the all the effected gun's S/Ns start with F. F means 2017 maybe?
Wonder if this recall effects both the 9mm and .40 versions or just one or the other.?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I got mine in '16 so I guess my face won't get blown off...haha

Return to “Recalls”