Post up here about gun recalls.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Remington To Replace All R-51′s

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:35 pm

They're not calling it a recall but it might as well be.

Remington To Replace All R-51′s
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... ew-models/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Remington To Replace All R-51′s

Post by Wyldman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm

The author of the article seems overly enamoured of getting a pair of mags and a Pelican case ("that's some money, right there", his words, not mine). The whole tone of the article and his subsequent comments sounds like Remington is doing a wonderful thing releasing a dangerously flawed product and then "fixing" it by replacing all of them. There is no way in hell that all 65K units will be recovered and replaced.

At this point, even if the new R51's are the second coming of the 1911, there is no way in hell there will ever be one in my safe.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Not holding my breath mind you but I would like to see them get it right after failing so badly on the first go around.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I liked this gun until I seen the grip safety last year at the Remington booth. I hate grip safeties, exception being 1911's.
Remington has turned out shit the past few years.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:16 am

I called it, pos! Remmington sucks, even there 700s are typical of the crap they have put out the last decade. They survive on brand loyalty based off of some long ago quality.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Engineers are apparently saying Remington released the gun against their objections, before it was really done

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... bjections/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:39 pm

ssracer wrote:Engineers are apparently saying Remington released the gun against their objections, before it was really done

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... bjections/
If true I hope whoever made that decision lost their job.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 pm

I actually like these. The fact that they are utter junk disappoints me. I'd like to see Remington get these right and put out a quality 2nd gen version.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:32 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I actually like these. The fact that they are utter junk disappoints me. I'd like to see Remington get these right and put out a quality 2nd gen version.

By "like these" I would assume you mean visually , because they have been an utter failure in every other way possible. Even the positive reviews that some gun rags gave them have been proven to be BS. Honestly I was hoping to see a turning point for Rem, but to say that I expected anything less then whats happened would be a lie. Rem was in a position with there history to release a modern combat/CCDW pistol using the same basic reliable Browning type action that everyone else uses. Had they just stuck with what worked and released something on the lines of a Glock or M&P, they would of had a loyal fallowing just based on there name. No though , Rem released junk, the best thing they can do now is let that R51 die, go a few years then release something in the basic modern browning design , hopefully people will be able to give them a shot with the memory of the R51 being forgotten. Rem needs a boost, there reputation has been so tarnished in the last decade that I will never even think about buying one of there products, and it will take a home run to really turn my way of thinking.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 pm

son of liberty wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:I actually like these. The fact that they are utter junk disappoints me. I'd like to see Remington get these right and put out a quality 2nd gen version.

By "like these" I would assume you mean visually , because they have been an utter failure in every other way possible. Even the positive reviews that some gun rags gave them have been proven to be BS. Honestly I was hoping to see a turning point for Rem, but to say that I expected anything less then whats happened would be a lie. Rem was in a position with there history to release a modern combat/CCDW pistol using the same basic reliable Browning type action that everyone else uses. Had they just stuck with what worked and released something on the lines of a Glock or M&P, they would of had a loyal fallowing just based on there name. No though , Rem released junk, the best thing they can do now is let that R51 die, go a few years then release something in the basic modern browning design , hopefully people will be able to give them a shot with the memory of the R51 being forgotten. Rem needs a boost, there reputation has been so tarnished in the last decade that I will never even think about buying one of there products, and it will take a home run to really turn my way of thinking.
I def like the look. I read an article in recoil mag that said they were nice pistols and then found out that the article was complete bullshit. I'm not so sure I'd ever buy another copy of the mag because of said article. I got a Chavez to hold the pistol at a local shop and decided the same thing everyone else did. They are just crap.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 pm

If a magazine has advertisements for any gun manufacturer, they will never say anything bad about their products, no matter how bad they suck. Guns and Ammo and even American Rifleman are horrible about this.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:55 pm

"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Lol....dammit...I was getting ready to post that

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:50 am

Remington has just informed purchasers of the original R51 pistol that the second model – which aims to fix the issues of the initial production version – is now ready to be shipped. Remington has taken the extra step for initial buyers of the R51 of not releasing the new improved model to the wider market until all original R51 customers get their chance to receive a new pistol first. The letter below was sent out to Remington R51 customers earlier today (thanks to Russell Duty for posting it to FB):
Remington Reintroduces the R51 Pistol
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... 51-pistol/

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:08 am

No thanks

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 am

Derrrppppp
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:58 pm

I just wanted to poke my head in and say..... Remington sucks!

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:54 pm

I have a Remington electric chainsaw that has held up through my grandfather and myself so far.

:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 am

Worked great, until he put HPs in it.
And it's quite easy to reassemble wrong.

https://youtu.be/5MUJWIOnURQ

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 pm

I was intrigued with these because I liked the originals...now its just sad.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

WOW!

Remington has been off my list for awhile.

Another observation: Why would you shoot a unproven gun with your vehicle at the 11 O'clock position? Or any gun for that matter.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 pm

And this is what happens when you ruin a company:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-remi ... SKBN1FT04C

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Toddstang wrote:And this is what happens when you ruin a company:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-remi ... SKBN1FT04C
More worried about what will happen to Marlin than any other part of the Co.

Maybe Windham will offer them $1 to get the Bushmaster name back.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 am

Saw that coming.
The funniest part is that if freedom arms had just left the managment structures in place as they bought the names, they could be sitting back just reaping the profits. I dont understand how you could run a company so poorly and it not be intentional?

If they are smart, they will break up the names and allow each company to operate as its own entity. They will terminate what ever idiot they have running Remington and look for a canidate out of the firearms community, whos finger is directly on the pulse. They task each company with a standard profit margin and not a profit per unit margin. They will have to except the some firearms are not as profitable as others but if an overall profit margin is the model then companies can afford to inovate and expand base off of profit from the staples.

Freedom arms has been the black plague to every company it has sucked up.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

son of liberty wrote:Saw that coming.
The funniest part is that if freedom arms had just left the managment structures in place as they bought the names, they could be sitting back just reaping the profits. I dont understand how you could run a company so poorly and it not be intentional?

If they are smart, they will break up the names and allow each company to operate as its own entity. They will terminate what ever idiot they have running Remington and look for a canidate out of the firearms community, whos finger is directly on the pulse. They task each company with a standard profit margin and not a profit per unit margin. They will have to except the some firearms are not as profitable as others but if an overall profit margin is the model then companies can afford to inovate and expand base off of profit from the staples.

Freedom arms has been the black plague to every company it has sucked up.
Cerberus has been trying to find a buyer for Freedom Group since Dec 2012 and as of today they still own it. That should tell you something about the condition of the company that even after 5+ years they still can't find a buyer.

Freedom Group
Remington
Bushmaster
Advanced Armament
Marlin Firearms
H & R Firearms
Dakota Arms
Para USA
Parker Gun
Tapco
Barnes Bullets
Mountain Khakis

Marlin is, IMHO, the one most likely to attract a buyer if they allow it to sold separately, Henry maybe? Potential problem with that is that is they did the same thing with Marlin that they did with Bushmaster, they bought all the equipment and transferred all the production to a Remington facility. So to buy Marlin you may have to buy whatever else is made in the same facility and a potential buyer may not want the extra baggage.

Return to “Recalls”