For all your cast boo-lit needs.
Till
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Thinking about getting into reloading

Post by Till » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Ok so since paul posted up his single stage it reminded me to make this thread.

I've been thinking of really getting into reloading lately...

I shoot at least 400 a month, I'd love to bump it up to 600-1000 rounds a month however that will get expensive quickly!

I don't mind knocking out some time for reloading.

I don't mind putting down some money IF it will benefit me.

I've read quite a bit, about reloading.

From what I read this is a great machine and it's fast.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/conten ... /1/RL_550B

With that I'll also need dies, a tumbler to wash my brass, a scale to weigh my powder, a measuring tool to measure my brass.

It also says it suggests to get a extra primer tube?

So is their anything I'm forgetting? Or I should look at? Is it a good idea for me to get into it considering how much I'd like to shoot?

I don't think I need to trim any since I'm just doing this for pistol now.

I know I'd need to get (to start actually reloading) powder, primers, bullets.

So whatcha think? I'm seeing if my friend might be interested in going in half with me since we usually shoot together anyway.
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Thinking about getting into reloading

Post by jmeister » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:10 pm

That's an expensive piece of equipment to start out with to decide whether or not you actually have the time, desire, and patience you thought you had. Not trying to discourage you at all, and that is one nice setup... hope to have a 550 myself one day. So far the single stage Lee has served me well and has been a nice setup to learn on.

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Till » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 pm

My dad used to reload before he passed (wish we didn't have to sell it), I did it then. I mean I was 6-8 when I did it but I liked it a lot.

If I start it, I won't quit it.

The main reasons for that exact one is because I can do more quicker, and time is key to me. My dad had a similar one so I know a little bit about them. It's multi (or whatever, not the single). I think the single would frustrate me more then anything else haha!
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 pm

You will need some kind of powder measure, digital calipers (Midway about $25), plastic boxes to put ammo in, a couple of loading blocks, case lube (if not using carbide dies), primers, powder, bullets and brass. And at least 2 reloading manuals (Lee, Hornady, Lyman, Sierra,etc).
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Return to “Reloading”