Was thinking about picking one up.

KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Lyman Case Prep

Post by KYGlassman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:26 pm

I saw that on Amazon for 95 with their free shipping option in case you decide on it.

adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by adayton » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Toddstang wrote:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t549388080

Anyone have one or thoughts on this?
Absolutely one of the best (for the money) ... I have had one for about a year and it takes a lot of work out of brass preparation...
Might want to think about something to assist in holding the cartridges as they want to spin on you when you are doing the primer pocket reaming and cleaning... and especially if you have arthritic digits, you can't stay on task too long at a time without a break ...
I have seen some devices that allow you to grasp the cartridges and have thought about using them, but have not tried any of them out... maybe someone who has tried some of them can chime in...
BTW, I had a set of the manual tools to do the same and they will work great for replacement when needed as they are the same tool ... just attached to a manual handle ...
Great case prep tool ...

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:14 pm

adayton wrote:
Toddstang wrote:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t549388080

Anyone have one or thoughts on this?
Absolutely one of the best (for the money) ... I have had one for about a year and it takes a lot of work out of brass preparation...
Might want to think about something to assist in holding the cartridges as they want to spin on you when you are doing the primer pocket reaming and cleaning... and especially if you have arthritic digits, you can't stay on task too long at a time without a break ...
I have seen some devices that allow you to grasp the cartridges and have thought about using them, but have not tried any of them out... maybe someone who has tried some of them can chime in...
BTW, I had a set of the manual tools to do the same and they will work great for replacement when needed as they are the same tool ... just attached to a manual handle ...
Great case prep tool ...
Sounds like what I need!

I know what you mean by sore digits as well.

Return to “Reloading”