It just be rainin' Shelbys in Florida!

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

It just be rainin' Shelbys in Florida!

Post by Kadnine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 am

No joke. I spotted twenty-two (22!) GT500s down there since last Sunday. I now have car buyer fever, and Mrs. Kadnine says I'm allowed...

So...

... who has a line on a Shelby for sale?
IMG_20130319_123246.jpg
- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: It just be rainin' Shelbys in Florida!

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm

I hear Florida is the spot to get them lol

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm

There are around 20 for sale in the area as listed on Cars.Com

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

They always seems to have 2 or 3 on the lot at Oxmoor Ford. Several have my drool on the fenders when I go in for parts or service on my Lightning.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I threatened the Mrs that I'd sell her Honda and come back with this Shelby... ;-) I'll hit up Cars.com and Oxmoor tomorrow...

Thanks, guys!

- K
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Prices on cars.com went from 31k to 72k...ouch

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Apparently Oxmoor Ford doesn't want my money. Wouldn't let me test drive the car I came onto the lot to test. Oh well. I'm sure CarMax will appreciate the referral!
IMG_20130327_114447.jpg
I do have a budget, but it's a high one. It'd be nice to be considered a serious buyer, not some 17 year-old kid looking to play with other people's toys. Oxmoor did not impress me much.

- K

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Kadnine wrote:Apparently Oxmoor Ford doesn't want my money. Wouldn't let me test drive the car I came onto the lot to test. Oh well. I'm sure CarMax will appreciate the referral!
IMG_20130327_114447.jpg
I do have a budget, but it's a high one. It'd be nice to be considered a serious buyer, not some 17 year-old kid looking to play with other people's toys. Oxmoor did not impress me much.

- K
Went their a year or so ago when we were looking for a new family ride, will not go back ever again....same with Oxmoor Toyota. DOUCHE CANOES!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Oxmoor did the same thing to me on a cobra about 10 years ago.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Car salesmen are high on hells guest list, truth! Funny related story I heard today for a guy I work with. He got this 05 or 06 Tahoe from some lot and thought he got a great deal and I always have to break it to them badly when they tell me what they think they paid and what they will pay. Anyways he bought it as an $8500 truck and his wife was in a bad wreck in hers so he was going to trade his truck in and get a car and truck for lower payments and he finally understood that his $8500 truck will cost him $22,000! He kept saying nah that can't be right and I said sorry man it is simple math and you are. How do these people get so snookered (rhetorical). Worst part was he went to trade in at another lot today and after he was told it hadn't been in any accidents (his fault we all know for trusting) and it turns out it was involved in three accidents. Rear collision, front collision, and crashed into a ditch and on side. Simple math people, payment x months.

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm hearing the same about Oxmoor on FB. Thanks, guys.

- K
~~~

~~~

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Kadnine wrote:Apparently Oxmoor Ford doesn't want my money. Wouldn't let me test drive the car I came onto the lot to test. Oh well. I'm sure CarMax will appreciate the referral!
IMG_20130327_114447.jpg
- K
2010?

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:01 am

jmeister -

2013! And the asking price is about 10k more than I think it's worth, but they weren't willing to deal at all. It's a clean, good looking car. Too bad they're being such jerks.

Or are you asking if I want to buy YOUR 2010? In which case, I'm interested?!

- K
~~~

~~~

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 am

I am tickled pink to be the exception to the rule it seems. I bought my `13 Mustang from Oxmoor and they treated me rather well.

As for test driving it... Well, you are talking about a high performance car with serious collector value. The lower the miles, the more valuable. With something akin to that, you are expected to take a leap of faith at what you are getting. I am not sure you will find anyone that will let you test drive a brand new top of the line performance car. They have one or two on the lot set up as a demo, and you have to draw you own conclusions to the higher end.

Although, I have to agree, if you are gonna drop that kind of cash, you should be allowed to drive it first.
Yoda for President

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 am

Murgatroy wrote:I am tickled pink to be the exception to the rule it seems. I bought my `13 Mustang from Oxmoor and they treated me rather well.

As for test driving it... Well, you are talking about a high performance car with serious collector value. The lower the miles, the more valuable. With something akin to that, you are expected to take a leap of faith at what you are getting. I am not sure you will find anyone that will let you test drive a brand new top of the line performance car. They have one or two on the lot set up as a demo, and you have to draw you own conclusions to the higher end.

Although, I have to agree, if you are gonna drop that kind of cash, you should be allowed to drive it first.
Glad you had a good experience! We may be talking about different staff at Oxmoor. And I didn't have a prior established relationship with any of the sales staff there. I was a walk-in. But other lots around town since my visit there have given me excellent customer service (and casual test drives of similar top-end cars) ever since my disappointing visit to Ox and I don't see me going back to Ox for my first GT.

And? Damn right I should test-drive it first! Been saving up buy-money for the last 25 years!

Really, my biggest complaint was that I wasn't taken as a serious buyer. Yeah, so I was dressed casually. So is Bill Gates. Doesn't mean I'm not good for the money tho. They took one look at my paint-stained cargo pants, (*ahem* I'm a PAINTER!) and said, "Pay for the car first, and maybe we'll let you drive it."

Thanks for the the comment.

(And that? That is one sweet black Mustang! BTW!)

- Keith
~~~

~~~

Return to “Vehicles”