any Full Size Ford Bronco owners?

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

just starting to use car shop- going with a 4x4 for sure, I've had lots of Jeeps, a classic Range Rover, Dodge PU...looking for an early 90's to 00 model, something I can work on with simple mechanics and no stinking computer needed to fix problems. No satellite/dvd/nav system, electronic suspension control BS, etc...
just a simple 4x4 daily driver.

Started looking at full size Broncos with the 302.

experience?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: any Full Size Ford Bronco owners?

Post by Toddstang » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I regret getting rid of my 78 Bronco. One of the best 4X4's ever made. That thing would drive up any hill and through any mud hole I could find. Mine had the 351 Cleveland. Great motor but gas hog. The 302 is a great motor too.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

there are one or two more that have em on here

broncogal
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by broncogal » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

I had a 95 with a 351. Id kill to have it back. I had it 10 years and had very few problems. Had 220,000 miles and still ran strong.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

I've had a couple. I enjoyed the one with the 300 straight six more than the 351 powered one. The sticks are better than the autos, transfer cases are strong (floor shifter better than push button), rear axles are good. Front axle is Ford's TTB. Not as strong as a straight axle and doesn't offer the ride of a truly independent front suspension. The second weakest link of the full-size bronco IMHO. The worst is their tendency to rust. Make sure the rear window goes up and down and the tailgate is in decent shape. Also, be wary of guys who have had the top off of them. Very few put all the pieces back on and they can leak afterwards. If it's never been off, leaking isn't an issue.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks Marcus- I'm finding the rust to be the main problem, and the rear window after that. What's up with the windows? Bad regulators? Is it an easy fix?

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:00 pm

kokopelli wrote:Thanks Marcus- I'm finding the rust to be the main problem, and the rear window after that. What's up with the windows? Bad regulators? Is it an easy fix?
It's a cheap plastic gear most of the time...

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Double post...

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm

My 89 f150 has both window motors fail in the same month. One was the motor the other is regular. That are 50 for the motor and regular on eBay. They are riveted in so you have to drill then out and bolt them in.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 pm

In my experience, it's more likely an electrical issue. They are made to go up and down by both a switch on the dash and a turn of the key. I've had to take parts off of multiple trucks to get a working back window. I've been out of the bronco loop for a while, but I believe that now new parts are available. It's often a PITA to diagnose what the issue is though.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Return to “Vehicles”