Need advice on a truck I bought at auction

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
gundoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Need advice on a truck I bought at auction

Post by gundoc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

I went to the last KY fish and wildlife auction in frankfort last month and bought a 98 jeep cherokee and a 99 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4. The jeep is being driven as we speak but the truck has title problems. I found out last week that this truck was an undercover vehicle for the KYFW dept and the title was suposed to be fixed by the dept. of Transportation so it could be transfered. They screwed it up and left off a couple of numbers of the title code number. The county clerk can't transfer it into my name and it has been 2 weeks since i started all this. I called Fish and wildlife yesterday and told them i wanted my money back because the truck has a bad title. they have yet to get back to me. I hope I started a shit storm in frankfort because I do not think that the state will refund my money and the department of transportation has been saying the computer has been down for 2 weeks. Anyone know who i can call to get this straightened out?

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Need advice on a truck I bought at auction

Post by JustShootIt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm

The County Clerk has the authority to issue new title....seems with it being a State vehicle they would be willing to help you get it sorted out.

Perhaps a visit to the County Clerk (actual clerk) or DA office or something.....??

The Sherriff may be able to help as well. At least here locally they perform vehicle inspections and other vehicle/title related issues....

Hope you get it figured out!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I would try the sheriffs dept since they handle vehicle inspections and work closely with th county clerk.

gundoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by gundoc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am

JustShootIt wrote:The County Clerk has the authority to issue new title....seems with it being a State vehicle they would be willing to help you get it sorted out.

Perhaps a visit to the County Clerk (actual clerk) or DA office or something.....??

The Sherriff may be able to help as well. At least here locally they perform vehicle inspections and other vehicle/title related issues....

Hope you get it figured out!
The county clerk only acts as an agent of the department of transportation in making titles. The department of transportation is the only agency that can make a title in KY. They are the problem at this point as they are the cause of the problem and they have internal server problems getting this fixed. State owned vehicles are on a seperate computer system from civilian vehicles and the state system is down. They are telling me a programmer will have to change it in a line of code and I am way down on thier list. I have now asked 2 days ago for my money back and have heard nothing from them at all.
I do know from being a reserve Deputy sheriff that the sheriffs office only inspects out of state vehicles to be sure that the vin is correct to the vehicle to be titled in KY and if the safety equiptment is working and the windshield is intact. No help from them. I have noticed that the more we contact the Department of transportation the more defensive they get about this problem so I am begining to think that this may take a while to get done.

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am

I would say it will take awhile to get it done.

gundoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by gundoc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 pm

I guess asking for my money back got things done because the county clerk called today and said that the title was fixed and could be transfered to me today. The wife went down and picked up the plate for me.

Return to “Vehicles”