"Et tu Brute?" Brutus - deuce and a half

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Jakob » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm starting a thread here dedicated to Brutus, my 1969 M35A2 deuce and a half. Here are a few recent pictures to get it started...
Attachments
Had a hell of a time getting the twisted up battery box removed.  Batteries are going into the cab under the passenger seat.
Had a hell of a time getting the twisted up battery box removed. Batteries are going into the cab under the passenger seat.
Here is all of the junk removed from the driver side of the deuce.  Clearance went up about 12"!
Here is all of the junk removed from the driver side of the deuce. Clearance went up about 12"!
Here is the damage to the battery box and fuel tank from Bounty Hill.
Here is the damage to the battery box and fuel tank from Bounty Hill.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: "Et tu Brute?" Brutus - deuce and a half

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Going to call about the bottle jack tomorrow.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re:

Post by Jakob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:19 am

Ian wrote:Going to call about the bottle jack tomorrow.
If I have to, I'll buy one, so no big worries. I should keep one in the truck anyway in case I get a flat on the road.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:56 am

Jakob wrote:
If I have to, I'll buy one, so no big worries. I should keep one in the truck anyway in case I get a flat on the road.
Pm me before you buy one Aaron. I think I have one in the garage. You can have it if I can find it.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re:

Post by Jakob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Marcus wrote:
Jakob wrote:
Pm me before you buy one Aaron. I think I have one in the garage. You can have it if I can find it.
That would be awesome, save me a little money on the beast.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I have one lined up we can borrow, if Marcus wants to loan his I can get it from him easier(Friday?) either way we have one.

What weekend were you trying to do this?
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Next weekend, the 22nd or 23rd. Probably the 23rd, I have to work until 2pm on the 22nd.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 am

Sunday is going to be my wrenching day. Saturday is taken up already. So, mark your calendars, lol!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 am

What time? Pm me your address. Not sure if I can make it or not, but I'd like to help or at least drop you off a big bottle jack.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 am

I'm thinking about noon or so.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:24 am

Thanks to Ian for helping to make short work of the wheel/tire swaps. It took a little brute force, but other than that, everything went good. Also got the fuel tank sat into place in the bed. Now, lines just need to be ran and it bolted down.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 am

Sweet! I look forward to seeing that beast in action at z-fest...

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:36 am

uploadfromtaptalk1348493773007.jpg
Took one picture before the phone died. God those fuckers are heavy.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:40 am

Was thinking of how to do the bench setup we talked about over the fuel tank(s) so you don't lose bed space.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re:

Post by Jakob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Ian wrote:Was thinking of how to do the bench setup we talked about over the fuel tank(s) so you don't lose bed space.
I think I have an idea, so the tanks can still be accessed as well, but kind of hard to explain. Basically, frame up a bench and backing that will sit over the tanks. The bottom seat part would be able to be folded up against the backrest to gain access to the tanks.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Make sure to incorporate some sort if metal guard to keep anything you haul from bashing the shit out of the tanks

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re:

Post by Jakob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Ian wrote:Make sure to incorporate some sort if metal guard to keep anything you haul from bashing the shit out of the tanks
That's a given, Probably going to make it out of 2x2 square tubing, 1/4 thick. That should be able to take quite a hit.

Return to “Vehicles”