Fuel capacity limit?

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Fuel capacity limit?

Post by Jakob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 pm

I want to up the fuel capacity in my Deuce, but I don't want to go so far as to need a tax stamp or whatever to the point that I'm into CDL territory. The truck is strictly for personal use, but I can't find anything that tells me what my limit is. I know other states have a limit before the state require placards or something like that. I thought there might be an OTR driver or someone else more knowledgeable on the topic that could help out.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Fuel capacity limit?

Post by 86 slo-vo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 pm

People run around all the time with 100 gallon transfer tanks in the back of their trucks. Never heard of a limit, atleast here in KY but maybe somebody knows something I don't.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Fuel capacity limit?

Post by BK Meyers » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm

The only limit that I'm aware of for fuel purchase is based on the individual station and their credit card policy. Some have a dollar limit on the amount that can be charged at one time/purchase.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

I wouldnt think you would have any issues.....how big of a tank do you want?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 am

I was thinking something around 150 gallons. If I made the tank in the bed how I have it roughly designed, that's about where it'd be for capacity. I know there are some states that have a limit before you need a placard or something. I think it's North Carolina, after something like 100 or 150 gallons, you have to have a hazardous chemicals placard because they consider you to be transporting fuel at that point.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Return to “Vehicles”