Probably the best vehicle ever made!

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Probably the best vehicle ever made!

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 am

PDM wrote:I’ve seen that work out ONCE. A drunk was thrown out when the car bounced off the first tree and rolled. It the hit another tree - windshield first on its side. It sheared off the roof and front seats. The guy was only scratched up.

Mike can attest to this, I’m sure... drunks are more likely to survive or be less injured in a crash
You can always find an exception. But that's one out of how many thousands?

I've heard that about drunks in wrecks before, just never seen an actual study to prove it actually happened that way because they were drunk. Correlation does not mean causation and all that.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 am

WLJ wrote:
PDM wrote:I’ve seen that work out ONCE. A drunk was thrown out when the car bounced off the first tree and rolled. It the hit another tree - windshield first on its side. It sheared off the roof and front seats. The guy was only scratched up.

Mike can attest to this, I’m sure... drunks are more likely to survive or be less injured in a crash

I've heard that about drunks in wrecks before, just never seen an actual study to prove it actually happened that way because they were drunk. Correlation does not mean causation and all that.

I will say it seemed to be VERY true that drunks tend to always feel fine and seem okay in the really serious wrecks. Half the time they are walking away from cars where you expect to find a dead body.

But I have NEVER seen a person ejected where I said “I bet they survived from being ejected”.

Most ejections I see wouldn’t even be a bad wreck if they had a seatbelt on. And almost all my ejections are fatalities. And I see plenty of them.
:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:25 am

Mike wrote:
WLJ wrote:

I will say it seemed to be VERY true that drunks tend to always feel fine and seem okay in the really serious wrecks. Half the time they are walking away from cars where you expect to find a dead body.

But I have NEVER seen a person ejected where I said “I bet they survived from being ejected”.

Most ejections I see wouldn’t even be a bad wreck if they had a seatbelt on. And almost all my ejections are fatalities. And I see plenty of them.
Most have no idea the the kind of and the amount of forces involved
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Physiologically it makes sense. Sober people will tense up in a crash. The more inebriated, not so much.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Return to “Vehicles”