Remote start recommendations

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Remote start recommendations

Post by Marcus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Can anyone recommend an individual or shop to install a remote start? Looking to have it done before Christmas, preferably next week. Vehicle is an 01 Lincoln Navigator

Thanks!
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Remote start recommendations

Post by Rem700 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 pm

I know Roberts out here in middletown does it, but i have heard many mixed reviews on there CS. I havent used them in 10 years or more and that was only for window tint. I would think with all the "custom auto" shops down near your neck of the woods that you shouldnt have a problem finding something. I guess you could also always check with Joe or Joe (coleman).

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Best Buy or Smart Shoppers.
Your vehicle will smell like weed if Smart Shoppers does the install. Good work though.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Roberts, $400 for a Viper system
Smart Shoppers, $300 for a Avital system
Literally have been on hold with best buy for 24 minutes. :-(
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:02 pm

Marcus wrote:Roberts, $400 for a Viper system
Smart Shoppers, $300 for a Avital system
Literally have been on hold with best buy for 24 minutes. :-(
Protint did my avital. Few years ago, don't remember price

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Check out jeffs car audio on new cut
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 pm

GeminiXD9 wrote:Check out jeffs car audio on new cut
Right around the corner from where I live. Have you dealt with them before?

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Only with stereos and such. And they were pretty decent on prices for what I was looking for. Not sure about what they'll charge but I know they do install them. My experiences were good.
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:03 pm

I can't get Best Buy to answer the phone to save my life.

And no answer at Jeffs either.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Been getting major conflicting feedback about protint

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Toddstang wrote:Best Buy or Smart Shoppers.
Your vehicle will smell like weed if Smart Shoppers does the install. Good work though.
Smart shoppers closed my trunk lid on the stereo install of my new car with a screwdriver sticking out of the gap (slammed on it and sticking out at 90deg angle). I asked if they lost a screwdriver shocked pointing at it and I opened the trunk and he grabbed it said thanks and walked off! I get inside the car and they cracked the center of my kick panel on the passenger side as if they put it back on and it didn't go first time so they took palm of hand and hit it in the middle. I had to see it every time I got in my car as a reminder to not go there again. That is my history and that's just for the record.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:21 am

Xtreme sound? Or audio? Cant remember the name its near bardstown I hink. Atleast next to jasmin bakery and the antiqur shopping center and pasha restaurant.

Loved their customer service and remote start.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:10 am

Tomahawk wrote:Xtreme sound? Or audio? Cant remember the name its near bardstown I hink. Atleast next to jasmin bakery and the antiqur shopping center and pasha restaurant.

Loved their customer service and remote start.
Xtreme auto sound.

Will give them a call too. Thanks.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:13 am

FWIW, ask if they will do a mobile window tint job. If they will, go somewhere else. I would just about guarantee that the guy jack encountered is the type that would have no problem tinting you windows in a parking lot
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:16 am

PDM wrote:FWIW, ask if they will do a mobile window tint job. If they will, go somewhere else. I would just about guarantee that the guy jack encountered is the type that would have no problem tinting you windows in a parking lot
Good idea

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Alright, after tons of phone calls and mini interviews, I dropped my girls navigator off at xtreme autosound this morning. They answered all the questions I had over the phone and those answers were the exact same when I talked to them in person. I got her a Viper system with remote start and door locks on one fob. They explained how it works and the features and they offer a lifetime warranty on the parts AND the labor. They were also cheaper than anyone else I called on the Viper. Took them about 4.5-5 hours, but they are first come first serve which was the only thing that concerned me. So far, I'm very happy with my experience.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Of note, I could never get best buy or jeffs to answer the phone.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Marcus wrote:Alright, after tons of phone calls and mini interviews, I dropped my girls navigator off at xtreme autosound this morning. They answered all the questions I had over the phone and those answers were the exact same when I talked to them in person. I got her a Viper system with remote start and door locks on one fob. They explained how it works and the features and they offer a lifetime warranty on the parts AND the labor. They were also cheaper than anyone else I called on the Viper. Took them about 4.5-5 hours, but they are first come first serve which was the only thing that concerned me. So far, I'm very happy with my experience.
Yup they were awesome to me too. I dont have a garage so ill be using my remote statt more this winter. Well worth it for me.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Tomahawk wrote:
Marcus wrote:Alright, after tons of phone calls and mini interviews, I dropped my girls navigator off at xtreme autosound this morning. They answered all the questions I had over the phone and those answers were the exact same when I talked to them in person. I got her a Viper system with remote start and door locks on one fob. They explained how it works and the features and they offer a lifetime warranty on the parts AND the labor. They were also cheaper than anyone else I called on the Viper. Took them about 4.5-5 hours, but they are first come first serve which was the only thing that concerned me. So far, I'm very happy with my experience.
Yup they were awesome to me too. I dont have a garage so ill be using my remote statt more this winter. Well worth it for me.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Return to “Vehicles”