New Hauler!

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Re: New Hauler!

Post by Mexican Kerry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Jonwoos wrote:Awesome build MK!!!
I've accomplished exactly nothing so far. Been working away from home as usual, last Friday I got home at 5:30 am, hit the road at 10:00 am and was gone all day at another project. Spent Sat driving kids around to their activities while MKwife did her St Paddy's Day gigs. Fell asleep before she got home, and hit the road for work Sunday morning at 5:00 am.

I'm sitting in my hotel room now, sipping a whiskey and wishing I was in the shop.

SSGBPowell
Been liked: 0

Post by SSGBPowell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:53 pm

I Like this project, Looks great like a short bed + I think a street version with a Raptor style {like your white Baja truck picture} would make a cool, cheaper hotrod pickup. Looking forward to some updates and following this build for a while.
I was only going to build one...

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm

I always wanted to build a trophy truck of sorts
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:02 am

I'm currently looking for a similar vintage 1 ton basket case to pull front beams off. Heavier built, the theory is stronger. Still sitting in a hotel away from home, no news on this project. Heading home on Thursday hopefully, but probably won't make much progress. The sand has almost run out on my house building permit, I may have to waste precious money on stupid things like railings on the front porch. The city came by last week to assess the reno for tax purposes and MKwife said they were pretty pumped about what we had done to the place. I can only assume that is because they figure they can jack the taxes up on us.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:19 pm

I am not sure how I didn't notice this thread sooner. I am currently working on a 79 Bronco. Picked it up a few years back. Has a 460 that been well built by a friend that was gonna use the truck for dirt drags. He gutted the wiring on the truck so one of these days i'll order a new harness and get it running. I still need to get the tank, carb, radiator, and fuel pump installed. Then to build a basic wiring harness to get it running and moving under its own power.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:07 am

mtchbrian wrote:I am not sure how I didn't notice this thread sooner. I am currently working on a 79 Bronco. Picked it up a few years back. Has a 460 that been well built by a friend that was gonna use the truck for dirt drags. He gutted the wiring on the truck so one of these days i'll order a new harness and get it running. I still need to get the tank, carb, radiator, and fuel pump installed. Then to build a basic wiring harness to get it running and moving under its own power.
Post pics. It might motivate me, and if nothing else it would be cool to see a dentside Bronco. The Best Bronco.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by mtchbrian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Here's my 79 Bronco.
Attachments
79 bronco.PNG
79 bronco.PNG (437.94 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:43 pm

That is a Baja truck. Team KAC? C'mon founding fathers, we need some sponsors here.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:44 pm

And I have a hood for that one if you need it.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by mtchbrian » Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Mexican Kerry wrote:And I have a hood for that one if you need it.
I've got two..... you can see one at the bottom of that picture. Didn't have any hinges to set it when that pic was taken.

I need two new fenders. The ones I took off the parts truck are rough.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Maybe this will be inspiration for you, saw this Bronco at a car show last weekend. There were about 1000 vehicles at it but this one stood out to me. Simple, clean, and very cool.

Do you still need hinges? If so you can have mine, my hood is pin-on now.

Return to “Vehicles”