towing another vehicle on a dolly

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Re: towing another vehicle on a dolly

Post by Marcus » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 pm

shelbygoat wrote:
Marcus wrote:If I'm honest, I'd do it too.
From what I am gathering off the Ranger specific boards, automatics suck for towing, the 4.0 V6 is capable of pulling the load, stay back and give extra room for braking, and your MPG will suck.
Yeah. The engine isn't the issue. It's the lightweight truck pulling it is. I've pulled more weight with a 2.3 liter ranger, it just wasn't pleasant.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:53 pm

I really wanted to drive the Jetta out there, due to the obvious MPG difference between the two vehicle, but having to get both vehicles out with me poses the problem, well not problem, just an extra step in the process. Pretty sure I will decide to do the one time out there approach when the time comes to do so.

SSGBPowell

Post by SSGBPowell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I have had good luck getting cheap shipping on car/truck/parts on U-ship dot com It is a sight that people bid on your shipment. I got a full size truck bed moved from Phoenix to Louisville for 200 bucks. Moved a couple of cars for 450-550 as well. Good luck with your trip. Be safe.
I was only going to build one...

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:23 am

Decided to not tow the car out there. Might fly back and drive it out there on a second trip at some point or have my dad bring it out.

I do need to transport some of my household good from here in PA and can easily throw them in the bed of the truck but I will be stopping in NC and some other places for overnight stays. Considering renting a uhaul 4x8 trailer and throwing my stuff in there to be safe from the elements and make it a lot easier on me driving around. Also it meets the load requirement for my truck and hitch without a problem.

Return to “Vehicles”