Best small/mid-size used 4wd suv bang for the buck.

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Best small/mid-size used 4wd suv bang for the buck.

Post by ken6881 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
ken6881 wrote:Redline and amsoil have some of the highest level of zddp content. Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they just might, but I can't pick them up at most places. Also, for the money, I want oil that is certified A3, not recommended for engines that require A3 oil.
What kind of vehicle and engine do you have that Redline or Amsoil isn't sufficient?
thats what I was thinking I run amsoil 50k miles in my diesel and 25k miles in my wifes car and at the end it still passes with flying colors from blackstone.
Ky CCDW Instructor

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 pm

ken6881 wrote:I'm a dealer for amsoil.

I wouldn't use royal purple in anything I own if it was given to me. Had it junk two cams in a row.

what's the Z-Rod 10w-30 going for?

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
ken6881 wrote:Redline and amsoil have some of the highest level of zddp content. Just an FYI

they just might, but I can't pick them up at most places. Also, for the money, I want oil that is certified A3, not recommended for engines that require A3 oil.
What kind of vehicle and engine do you have that Redline or Amsoil isn't sufficient?
Modified Jeep TJ, with the 4.0. The rig in my profile pic.
I've ran across bottles of Amsoil that stated recommended for engines that require A3. Also, nothing against folks on here that sale the Amsoil products, but the dealers I've dealt with in the past were hit and miss. Always took their time to get my order, even when I would do it a month out of needing. Also, I've seen gear sets go to scrap running their fluid. Now, that was from some nasty beating out in Moab, but other rigs running different brands doing the same obstacles did not have a problem. That does not say when the last diff change was, but if you wheel hard, you don't leave nasty fluid sitting on a high priced gear swap.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Best small/mid-size used 4wd suv bang for the buck.

Post by ken6881 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:05 am

Zrod 10w30 7.55 a qt plus shipping and tax

Toecutter I don't run there diff fluid so no personal experience there.

Ky CCDW Instructor

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:09 am

I've been in the automotive business for the last 20+ years and sold just about everything except Redline. Seen the dealer, independent shops and backyard mechanics. Dealt with Corvettes and Classics to Moab to 4 sec 1/8 mile drag car owners to model A club guys. All oils and lubes have specific purposes but as long as it's clean and near the weight it will be fine for a 4.0 Jeep engine. There is nothing even remotely special about them, and that's a VERY good thing. That's a total compliment, definitely not a stab at them. Anyone telling you different is trying to sell you shit.

Return to “Vehicles”