Any classic VW gurus in the club?

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Any classic VW gurus in the club?

Post by kokopelli » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 pm

One of the very few vehicles I have not had in my lifetime is one of the old VW bugs or any classic VW.

I'm thinking ahead here, when I'm gonna need a ride, and I am determined to have something fun, cheap, great on gas and easy to work on myself.

A couple of the models I always wanted have been a kharman ghia, a Thing and a convertible bug.
I'm doing a little lurking on the old computer web now getting some ideas. I know that pretty much everything in the world can and has been done to these things and parts are readily available, but I know squat-ola about them in general.

Any VW guys or girls here?

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Any classic VW gurus in the club?

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Nope, I hate Volkswagens. I do know a few people that might be able to help you out once you start on your venture.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 am

I'm thinking ahead here, when I'm gonna need a ride, and I am determined to have something fun, cheap, great on gas and easy to work on myself.
I think you just described a bicycle.

Owned one VW bug...hated it, but I drove that damn thing until it was more rust than metal and it got me around.

One positive: I could push start it by myself on a flat surface. That came in handy on 1 or 10 occasions. If that is what you mean by fun... you'll like an old Bug.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:19 pm

You guys are harshing my mellow...

Armyastro
Been liked: 0

Post by Armyastro » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 am

there is a few around, i bought my wife a vw karmann ghia edition convertable cabrio. i know a few people who are hardcore vw guys, if you want, i can ask if one is around for sale. not back cars chassis wise, motors on the other hand..... they have the worst setups ever, how the timing components are setup and then the nice part prices. thinking about selling ours, need something bigger, too new for you though, only a 95

Return to “Vehicles”