finally found a decent car to buy!

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: finally found a decent car to buy!

Post by Frailer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
kokopelli wrote:...Take a look at the used car market for under 5k and there is nothing under 100,000 miles that isn't junk or has a rebuilt title plus being junk...
Truth.

Last month I was shopping for a car to replace my daughter's Corolla that a kid backed his jacked-up F250 into (thankfully, she wasn't in it at the time). My original budget was $7K, but I ended up paying $8500. Reliable, reasonably-priced cars with relatively low mileage are rarer now than I've ever seen them.

I think you did well. But it *is* a minivan.
Not a minivan by definition but you have the right to call it the incorrect name all day if it makes you feel better.
From Wikipedia:

"... swinging doors are the norm for European and Japanese minivans, while most American models feature sliding doors..."

And...

"...The Honda Odyssey is a minivan manufactured by Japanese automaker Honda since 1994..."

Edmunds:

"1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan"

Motor Trend:

"Entering the minivan fray late with the '95 Odyssey, Honda took a daring approach to the blossoming market segment by essentially giving an Accord wagon a vertical stretch..."

JD Power:

"1995 Honda Odyssey Van..."

But if it makes someone more manly to call it something else, who am I to judge? :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Guess they were out of Priuses, Smartcars and Cubes.

:llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 pm

WLJ wrote:Guess they were out of Priuses, Smartcars and Cubes.

The Cube is hitting below the belt. I'm the kind of guy who views a car as a tool to get from point A to point B, so I normally care much more about function than looks.

But I'd walk before I drove one of those.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:Guess they were out of Priuses, Smartcars and Cubes.

The Cube is hitting below the belt. I'm the kind of guy who views a car as a tool to get from point A to point B, so I normally care much more about function than looks.

But I'd walk before I drove one of those.
Not even if they throw in a "groovy" dash pad for free?

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:51 pm

I saw a pink Cube. Like pepto pink.

I liked it.

:shock:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
kokopelli wrote:...Take a look at the used car market for under 5k and there is nothing under 100,000 miles that isn't junk or has a rebuilt title plus being junk...
Truth.

Last month I was shopping for a car to replace my daughter's Corolla that a kid backed his jacked-up F250 into (thankfully, she wasn't in it at the time). My original budget was $7K, but I ended up paying $8500. Reliable, reasonably-priced cars with relatively low mileage are rarer now than I've ever seen them.

Not a minivan by definition but you have the right to call it the incorrect name all day if it makes you feel better.
From Wikipedia:

"... swinging doors are the norm for European and Japanese minivans, while most American models feature sliding doors..."

And...

"...The Honda Odyssey is a minivan manufactured by Japanese automaker Honda since 1994..."

Edmunds:

Motor Trend:

"Entering the minivan fray late with the '95 Odyssey, Honda took a daring approach to the blossoming market segment by essentially giving an Accord wagon a vertical stretch..."

JD Power:

But if it makes someone more manly to call it something else, who am I to judge? :llama:
Are we in Europe or Japan? Reaching......

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Truth.

From Wikipedia:

And...

Edmunds:

Motor Trend:

JD Power:

You stopped reading halfway through the first sentence. Keep going. You can do it...

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Truth.

From Wikipedia:

And...

Edmunds:

Motor Trend:

JD Power:

You stopped reading halfway through the first sentence. Keep going. You can do it...
No that's all you copied, keep trying to prove your incorrect stance on what a mini van is. If you think your opinion makes it a minivan then that's fine by you but the DMV disagrees and so do I. Your condescending tone can fuck off also especially since you're wrong.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 am

jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Truth.

From Wikipedia:

And...

Edmunds:

Motor Trend:

JD Power:

No that's all you copied, keep trying to prove your incorrect stance on what a mini van is. If you think your opinion makes it a minivan then that's fine by you but the DMV disagrees and so do I. Your condescending tone can fuck off also especially since you're wrong.
You win. You're absolutely right. I'm wrong.

Sincere apologies for my condescension.

Fucking off now.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 am

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Truth.

From Wikipedia:

And...

Edmunds:

Motor Trend:

JD Power:

You win. You're absolutely right. I'm wrong.

Sincere apologies for my condescension.

Fucking off now.
Well that sucks you are still my favorite person ever.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Window Tint!

Xtreme Audio on B'town Road did a great job.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 pm

kokopelli wrote:Window Tint!

Xtreme Audio on B'town Road did a great job.
Need you some 22's on there "G"!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Pimp wagon

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:26 pm

here are some pimp wagons. Hard to believe these started out to be the same van...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

^^^
Ghetto meets pedo

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 am

Those are awesome

I miss having a car that the tires hit the body of all the time

Return to “Vehicles”