Probably the best vehicle ever made!

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Probably the best vehicle ever made!

Post by Rem700 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 am

Word. Glad your daughter is ok. Def something I never want to have happen to my boys

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 am

More weight also means more momentum. I don't think small cars are always more unsafe than larger cars. I think vehicle choice is more important than size in most cases, Definetly not all though. Plenty of large vehicles have terrible safety ratings, plenty of small vehicles have great ones and vise versa.
Now having owned one, I say an FJ80 Land Cruiser would be ultimate first vehicle. Big, slow as hell, GREAT visibility, fulltime all wheel drive, pretty bulletproof ride. Throw on some heavy duty bumpers and it's just short of a tank.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 am

Niceguy wrote:More weight also means more momentum. I don't think small cars are always more unsafe than larger cars. I think vehicle choice is more important than size in most cases, Definetly not all though. Plenty of large vehicles have terrible safety ratings, plenty of small vehicles have great ones and vise versa.
Now having owned one, I say an FJ80 Land Cruiser would be ultimate first vehicle. Big, slow as hell, GREAT visibility, fulltime all wheel drive, pretty bulletproof ride. Throw on some heavy duty bumpers and it's just short of a tank.
Been having this discussion with Jennifer lately. Right now she drives a boat, a Toyota van, and would like something smaller but doesn't want to risk her daughter's in a smaller vehicle. Been frying to convince her that larger does not necessarily mean safer.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 am

Yea that is what I alluded to earlier about the big truck in the picture. Not the safest but lots of room to crunch. Airbags definitely hel unless you sit two inches from the wheel like some people.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 am

rustynuts wrote:
Niceguy wrote:More weight also means more momentum. I don't think small cars are always more unsafe than larger cars. I think vehicle choice is more important than size in most cases, Definetly not all though. Plenty of large vehicles have terrible safety ratings, plenty of small vehicles have great ones and vise versa.
Been having this discussion with Jennifer lately. Right now she drives a boat, a Toyota van, and would like something smaller but doesn't want to risk her daughter's in a smaller vehicle. Been frying to convince her that larger does not necessarily mean safer.
Frying her doesn't sound very safe either...haha

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:01 am

Either way the tree won the right of way argument
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

Niceguy wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Frying her doesn't sound very safe either...haha
But she is quite edible!

:llama:

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/fea ... TkEALw_wcB

Pretty good read for someone in the market. Quite a few I wouldn't have thought much of...
Last edited by Niceguy on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 am

Hahaha!!!!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 am

Average used car sells for $15,000.....Damn, I'm old.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Thank you Obama and you cash for clunkers bullshit!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am

Niceguy wrote:Thank you Obama and you cash for clunkers bullshit!
Yeah. Crushed many, many perfectly good vehicles.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 am

WLJ wrote:Either way the tree won the right of way argument
telephone pole, nice fixed obstacles to hit that we put in the right of way everywhere. Had it not been there she would have ended up in a field :(

I look at the consumer reports safety info on vehicles I have an inclination to buy as well. good data most times.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

Niceguy wrote:Thank you Obama and you cash for clunkers bullshit!

put a small used car lot here out of business, he couldn't get any inventory for a couple of years because of it.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 am

Put LOTS of used car lots and salvage yards out of business... Salvage yards are few and far between now days.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 am

Dave1965 wrote:
WLJ wrote:Either way the tree won the right of way argument
telephone pole, nice fixed obstacles to hit that we put in the right of way everywhere. Had it not been there she would have ended up in a field :(

I look at the consumer reports safety info on vehicles I have an inclination to buy as well. good data most times.
Don't know why I type tree
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 am

Niceguy wrote:Put LOTS of used car lots and salvage yards out of business... Salvage yards are few and far between now days.
Yep and drove used vehicle prices sky high. He was a fuck tard but also i think he did that shit on purpose. Maybe im just cynical but i do still believe a lot of what he did was to intentionally harm the US and keep him and his cronies rich and powerful.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

Rem700 wrote:
Niceguy wrote:Put LOTS of used car lots and salvage yards out of business... Salvage yards are few and far between now days.
Yep and drove used vehicle prices sky high. He was a fuck tard but also i think he did that shit on purpose. Maybe im just cynical but i do still believe a lot of what he did was to intentionally harm the US and keep him and his cronies rich and powerful.
I agree it was on purpose, but him, nope. Too stupid. He was just their puppet.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 am

Old thread but update. Boy wrote off the Tercel (called the insurance company after hitting parked car sliding on ice.) Paid the deductible on the insurance and came out with 800 bucks cash (car cost 1000 so paid 200 for him to drive for 6 months). Car wasn't even worth payout so got lucky on that one. Found an 02? Focus wagon for about a grand so he paid for that up front and has been driving it. I help him when he has issues with it, but its all his dime now. Its a smelly pos that hobos probably had sex in, but he loves it.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 pm

If there is one thing I’ve learned about car wrecks over the last 16 years, the car will protect you in most situations IF you have your seatbelt on. I’ve seen people die from really silly little wrecks but because they couldn’t keep themselves behind the wheel they get tossed(or even worse, partially ejected) and usually crushed by the vehicle.

I’ve seen wrecks that make you cringe when you walk up to them and then the drivers walk over to you without a mark on them.
:llama:

1fastmach1
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 am

Mike wrote:If there is one thing I’ve learned about car wrecks over the last 16 years, the car will protect you in most situations IF you have your seatbelt on. I’ve seen people die from really silly little wrecks but because they couldn’t keep themselves behind the wheel they get tossed(or even worse, partially ejected) and usually crushed by the vehicle.

I’ve seen wrecks that make you cringe when you walk up to them and then the drivers walk over to you without a mark on them.
It’s mind boggling to me that some people still don’t wear a seatbelt.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:52 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
Mike wrote:If there is one thing I’ve learned about car wrecks over the last 16 years, the car will protect you in most situations IF you have your seatbelt on. I’ve seen people die from really silly little wrecks but because they couldn’t keep themselves behind the wheel they get tossed(or even worse, partially ejected) and usually crushed by the vehicle.

I agree so much. It would be 1% ok for someone to tell me it made them uncomfortable and they went on some constraining way but they don't and aren't even noticable so not wearing one makes you a dipshit. Especially when people have children. Someone else depends on you and you are just out here texting and driving with no signals or seatbelts pressing your luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:24 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:

Know a guy that refuses to wear a seat belt because, and he will loudly tell you this over and over, that it is much safer to be throw from a car in an accident.
When shown that all too often the reason the person died was because they were thrown from the vehicle and asked to provide an example of someone saved by being thrown out he just grumbles and calls everyone an idiot for wearing seat belts. Why this idea is stuck in his head is beyond me.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:09 pm

I’ve seen that work out ONCE. A drunk was thrown out when the car bounced off the first tree and rolled. It the hit another tree - windshield first on its side. It sheared off the roof and front seats. The guy was only scratched up.

Mike can attest to this, I’m sure... drunks are more likely to survive or be less injured in a crash
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 am

My son is 11, I let him drive my truck from the bus stop at the end of our driveway to the house about 3/10th of a mile. I think the way we are teaching them is part of the provlem

Return to “Vehicles”