Sorry, y'all, but the software blows.

Any comments, concerns, suggestions, questions, post them here. We will listen and act upon concerns.
Manzanita
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Manzanita » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Look. I tried to work with the system. For someone with mild OCD, the double posts are driving me insane. The software is just ridiculous. Unfortunately, based on what I've searched, no one seems too concerned with it. Even the mods are double-posting with wreckless abandon.

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems I noticed an option to delete your post at least for a short time.

Besides that, I think too many people just post links and nothing else. I can go to drudge for that. You know who you are. At least post a comment or a brief summary of the link (aside from the thread title). I probably shouldn't even include this but it's a pet peeve.

After signing up here, I noticed that it seems like there was some conflict from some other forum that caused someone to initially create this forum. I don't know the details and I'm not that concerned. This could be a much better forum with some better software.... vbulletin... cough....

I'm sure this is a great bunch of folks here. Please fix this double post stuff. There's a lot of potential here. Don't hold it back because of bad software.
Vobis non me dux

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Sorry, y'all, but the software blows.

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm

What double posts?

:llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Manzanita wrote:Look. I tried to work with the system. For someone with mild OCD, the double posts are driving me insane. The software is just ridiculous. Unfortunately, based on what I've searched, no one seems too concerned with it. Even the mods are double-posting with wreckless abandon.

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems I noticed an option to delete your post at least for a short time.

Besides that, I think too many people just post links and nothing else. I can go to drudge for that. You know who you are. At least post a comment or a brief summary of the link (aside from the thread title). I probably shouldn't even include this but it's a pet peeve.

After signing up here, I noticed that it seems like there was some conflict from some other forum that caused someone to initially create this forum. I don't know the details and I'm not that concerned. This could be a much better forum with some better software.... vbulletin... cough....

I'm sure this is a great bunch of folks here. Please fix this double post stuff. There's a lot of potential here. Don't hold it back because of bad software.
Thanks for the feedback.

Links to articles without comment irritate me too. (you know who you are)

We have tried repeatedly to make our tapatalk and our forum software play nice. It'll work for a while, then all goes to pot.

So, yea, even mods double post and get sick of deleting the second post. I would hope that doesn't take too much away from the forum for you.

And as for any rift, there was, and this is a much better, closer knit, more active and stronger site. Forum software accounted for.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Do not use Tapatalk

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Only two mods here and ONE of them double posts'!

:llama:

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Do not use Tapatalk
BINGO!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Only helps if none of us use tapatalk. I for one love it, but not the double posts.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:18 pm

I use it on my phone all the time and haven't had the problem except sporadically early on. I have no idea why this is so, but it is true. I guess I'm just special.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

baknblack

Post by baknblack » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

I don't think my tapatalk double post

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Meh. Double posts and random shit it's still the best place on the net.

This is a free site, so the FF have to keep things going by fundraisers and out of pocket.

Won't hear a complaint from me.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

I will continue to double post all day errrryday. If your life is so good that a double post is the only thing you have to complain about then you're doing it right. I delete them sometimes and other times it's a hassle. I post on the move and the phone is easier with tapatalk. This is a gun site and most of us here are actual friends and see each other outside many times a week. I will say I don't care for the double posting but it's not a site ending issue like it is made out in your post. Enjoy the site and I'll look for your posts to spark great conversations.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

I will continue to double post all day errrryday. If your life is so good that a double post is the only thing you have to complain about then you're doing it right. I delete them sometimes and other times it's a hassle. I post on the move and the phone is easier with tapatalk. This is a gun site and most of us here are actual friends and see each other outside many times a week. I will say I don't care for the double posting but it's not a site ending issue like it is made out in your post. Enjoy the site and I'll look for your posts to spark great conversations.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

As I double post.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:30 pm

My tapatalk doesn't double.

Jack and slovo are a couple of the worst offenders. What's different?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Marcus wrote:My tapatalk doesn't double.

offender??? Haha you make it sound like I'm committing a crime.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

Only crime is that beard!

:D

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 pm

I knew you'd take that personal.lol

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 pm

No clue. I've updated everything several times. Tried deleting and no difference.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Manzanita wrote:Look. I tried to work with the system. For someone with mild OCD, the double posts are driving me insane. The software is just ridiculous. Unfortunately, based on what I've searched, no one seems too concerned with it. Even the mods are double-posting with wreckless abandon.

Honestly, it is less bothersome then some sites where if you are not a paying member you get a "Pop up" for Tampax or Chevy Trucks.
Just think of the double posts as internet turrets.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:No clue. I've updated everything several times. Tried deleting and no difference.
I think that's part of it. I never update anything.

And before anyone jumps on this post, I'm talking about my personal method of surfing and my tapatalk connection.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Only crime is that beard!

:D
please! You wish you could grow a beard this luscious. The Dr Pepper 10 commercial where he is carrying the tree is a portion of my life condensed for the 30 sec spot on tv.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:Meh. Double posts and random shit it's still the best place on the net.

This is a free site, so the FF have to keep things going by fundraisers and out of pocket.

Won't hear a complaint from me.
This 100%!

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm

You are correct to make the comments you do about it sucking. Unfortunately you've aimed them in the wrong direction. This is an issue of the Tapatalk plugin for the second most popular message board system on the web. PHPBB is quite robust. It's not UBB or YAF or ProBoards junk. The Tapatalk folks are the ones who have failed. As for vBulletin, it rules. It also has a 250 dollar license fee and takes an assload of time to configure, setup and import the PHPBB database. This is a totally free site, with an extremely active staff, that actually gives benefits to its members. It's a pretty good deal as it stands.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Wyldman wrote:I use it on my phone all the time and haven't had the problem except sporadically early on. I have no idea why this is so, but it is true. I guess I'm just special.

Nope. I use it too and do not get double posts.

Any post I have that says "From the Bunker" is with tapatalk.

I never used the paid version and only downloaded when it was free. I use it on an android. Not sure what else is different with our version and use of said software Wyldman.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Site Feedback”