Spam sight pop-up?

Any comments, concerns, suggestions, questions, post them here. We will listen and act upon concerns.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Spam sight pop-up?

Post by kokopelli » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 am

Anybody else getting a spam sight opening in a separate tab when the forum opens?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Spam sight pop-up?

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 am

Not me in either Edge or Firefox.
May be time for a malware scan for you

BTW: site not sight
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 am

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks- seems like my co-worker's Verizon hot spot is the problem...about once a month or so I start getting bogged down with pop up spam sights, only happens when I work with him.
I don't know much about puters, but I know he constantly is looking at 'questionable' websites...could his garbage 'jump' from his laptop to the hotspot, to other connected devices?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:11 am

kokopelli wrote: I don't know much about puters, but I know he constantly is looking at 'questionable' websites...could his garbage 'jump' from his laptop to the hotspot, to other connected devices?
Yes.
But a lot depends on how secure the hotspot and/or your device is.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 am

My ex's computers were/are constantly getting infected because she has never gotten out of the habit of blindly clicking on whatever pops on websites just to get it out of the way. She was often going to Chinese sites with questionable coding which didn't help.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am

I'm on a Mac laptop...I just downloaded Malware Bytes and Adware Doctor. MB found multiple 'OS helper' and such programs...AD found all the directories for them so I could delete them.

I only use this for work, and I NEVER go to any 'weird' sites or prompts to update anything.

Return to “Site Feedback”