WTB Glock 29 gen 4

Looking for something, post up here.
Charlie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

WTB Glock 29 gen 4

Post by Charlie » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:32 am

Looking for a 10mm Glock 29 gen 4. I'm in the Danville, KY area but can travel some. Thanks.

Charlie

Re: WTB Glock 29 gen 4

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:21 am

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 am

found one available through palmetto state armory and ordered it. Have never ordered a firearm and had it shipped to an ffl online before. hoping it works out

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 am

It Should be fine. I have ordered from PSA a few times. What FFL did you pick to receive it ?
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 am

PSA is good to go.

One thing about 10mm is that the only ball ammo loaded to full power is Sig Sauer and Fiocchi. All the others are just .40SW loads in a 10mm case. Don’t waste your money on them. If you want a light load, just shoot 40SW. It will run like a champ
These users liked the author PDM for the post:
Charlie
Rating: 12.5%
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 am

PDM wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 am
PSA is good to go.

One thing about 10mm is that the only ball ammo loaded to full power is Sig Sauer and Fiocchi. All the others are just .40SW loads in a 10mm case. Don’t waste your money on them. If you want a light load, just shoot 40SW. It will run like a champ
Add Magtech to the decent (600 ft/lbs or above)10mm FMJ loads
But PDM is right many 10mm loads are merely 40SW loadings (~400-500). Even many of the HPs loads are at 40SW levels including some big name brands :evil:

If you want what is often referred to as "Nuclear" loads (700-800 ) then Underwood & Buffalo Bore are examples

I carry Sig V-Crowns. Rated at 624 ft/lbs they're a good balance of power and controllability though I have some Underwoods for fun and in case a bear comes crashing into house. I'm in Louisville so unlikely but what the hey you never know :mrgreen:
These users liked the author WLJ for the post:
Charlie
Rating: 12.5%
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:00 am

Thanks WLJ. Good to know about Magtech. I thought I had checked all the manufacturers.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Dustin wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 am
It Should be fine. I have ordered from PSA a few times. What FFL did you pick to receive it ?
a local one here in Stanford ky where I live. The Palmetto website gave me a list of FFL's that were already up to date on file with them in my local area and there was one only 5 minutes down the road.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm

I should add
I highly recommend these https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_inf ... sion+black
Some may find the G29 hard to control with the hotter loads with the stock flush 10 rounders of the 29
The Gen4s come with 3 mags. I added the extensions to two of the mags while keeping the flush stock glock floorplate on one for better concealment.
BTW: The stock glock floorplates can be a bear to get off

Also have a G20 and it's mags, 15rds, make for good backup mags for the G29. You can install a gap filler if the gap bugs you https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_inf ... k+29+to+20
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm

PDM wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 am
PSA is good to go.

my only concern is I paid for the gun last night and its been deducted from my bank account, but I never received any kind of correspondence saying that I bought it or providing an order number or anything. I was going to call them and ask, but when you do it says you have to email them, so I did that. With anything else that I've purchased online I received a confirmation email almost immediately, is this normal for them?

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:11 pm

I’ve always gotten an automated email almost immediately. Check your spam for info@palmettostatearmory.com
Tench Coxe

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 pm

If you made an account, you can look at your current purchase and your older purchases also.

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:05 am

Niceguy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 pm
If you made an account, you can look at your current purchase and your older purchases also.
I really should have done that, but I've missed out on several over the past week and a half by not acting quickly enough. They pop up for sale and within just a couple hours the site says sold out. They actually posted one on gun broker with an 850 dollar buy it now, so when this one popped up on PSA for a normal instead of the current inflated prices your seeing everywhere, I just checked out as guest instead of making an account. I think it might be ok, the processing could just be behind because I checked my bank account closer and it says its a pending transaction not completed so I'm guessing once its completed I'll get the email. I hoping at least because I checked this afternoon and sure enough the Glock 29 gen 4 is out of stock once again. lol

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:49 am

Find a S&W CS40 and Google 10mm conversion.
:)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 am

I do remember hearing complaints about PSA taking a while and not communicating during the last panic. Don’t be surprised if it takes a week or two.
Tench Coxe

Return to “Want to Buy”