CZ 75 D PCR

Looking for something, post up here.
scrypyr
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

CZ 75 D PCR

Post by scrypyr » Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Been looking to buy a new CZ 75 D PCR for IWB carry but called about 15 stores around Louisville, Frankfort, Lexington and none of the stores seem to have one. I want a SA/DA non polymer 9m that is compact for CCW. I think the CZ would be nice. I was hoping to find someone that either might sell one or knows where in KY i can get one.

I did buy a brand new P238 that has never been shot that I might want to see about trading or selling to afford the new one.

Any help would be nice or if there is an alternative to the CZ that would also fit my desired needs.

Thanks

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: CZ 75 D PCR

Post by WLJ » Fri May 25, 2018 6:57 pm

You can find 75 Ds all day long but PCRs are a bit harder to find.
Been wanting one myself.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 pm

The one you are talking about is it still the compact just metal frame over the alloy?

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:41 pm

how many stores even knew what you were talking about?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 pm

scrypyr wrote:The one you are talking about is it still the compact just metal frame over the alloy?
There's a 75D compact and a 75D Compact PCR. They look nearly identical except the PCR has an alloy frame thus making it lighter.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-c ... 4-rd-mags/
Last edited by WLJ on Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Dave1965 wrote:how many stores even knew what you were talking about?
They acted like they knew, who knows though.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 11:19 am

My advice is keep checking sites like Gun Grabber, Bud's Gunshop, KyGunCo, etc.... or have you LGS see if they can get one on reserve with a distributor since PCRs usually only come into the country in batches from time to time. You need to catch them at the right time.

There are a few on Gun Broker if you don't want to wait. The product # you're looking for is 91194

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

Note: They used to say PCR on the slide but the newer ones don't seem to now. Guess that allows them to use the same off the shelf slide as the 75D compact.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 11:53 am

Sorry for the rambling thoughts but one more thing
I've personally held both a 75-D Compact and a PCR in a gun store and the PCR is noticeably lighter.
Sights are way better too.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat May 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for all the help :)
I have no idea what i want to do, I tend to get something on my mind and dwell on it. Finding the perfect CCW pistol is this weeks obsession. Also dwelling on if 380 is a chick round and more costly than I want. The P238 was an impulse buy lol.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 1:57 pm

scrypyr wrote:Thanks for all the help :)
I have no idea what i want to do, I tend to get something on my mind and dwell on it. Finding the perfect CCW pistol is this weeks obsession. Also dwelling on if 380 is a chick round and more costly than I want. The P238 was an impulse buy lol.
Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.
While I almost always choose 9x19 (9mm Para) over 9x17, aka 380, aka 9mm Kurz (short), modern 380 is nothing to sneeze at and does give you effective smaller choices.
Last edited by WLJ on Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 pm

If you haven’t already, you might give Knob Creek a call. They carry a pretty broad CZ selection, and they often have a few of the less-common models in stock. It’s a long shot, but it’s worth a try.

Good luck!

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 pm

I found a CZ 75 at a dealer but not sure if I should get it.
I dont have the loot so would either need to try and sale my only AR15 S&W sport 2 with MI rail, the sig p238 or try and put on layaway. Wish I had a money fairy.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 7:35 pm

CZ-75s are one of the classics of the gun world.
If you're looking at the full size 75 be warned that they can be, depending on how you dress, a bit on the large size IMHO for a conceal carry gun.
CZs 75 compacts and their P-07 & P-10C models are better suited for conceal carry. Again IMHO

For IWB carry, width is your enemy here, I highly recommend a single stack over a double stack and I don't believe CZ is producing one at the moment. But whether or not you can get away with a double stack for IWB carry depends on your body shape and how you dress.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sat May 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Sorry man I meant the CZ 2075 Rami D. I think it might be worth it. Can I ask your opinion... I could sell either my S&W Sport 2 AR15 or sale this brand new Sig Sauer P238(never fired).. Or just pass it over and stop stressing over it. What are your thoughts on it?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat May 26, 2018 9:16 pm

scrypyr wrote:Sorry man I meant the CZ 2075 Rami D. I think it might be worth it. Can I ask your opinion... I could sell either my S&W Sport 2 AR15 or sale this brand new Sig Sauer P238(never fired).. Or just pass it over and stop stressing over it. What are your thoughts on it?
Had once for a while, found it to be a bit too wide and it's edges dug into my side when I tried carrying it IWB. YMMV. On a belt and under a shirt it would be fine.
What to sell/trade? I don't have an opinion on that.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun May 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Choosing a carry gun is a very personal choice; what one person finds perfect another may absolutely hate. Body size, clothing choices, activity level, shooting ability, and innumerable other factors all play a role.

With that caveat—and even though I *love* the CZ-75 family—the PCR wouldn’t do it for me. The biggest issue would be weight, as PCR empty weighs roughly the same as a loaded Glock 26.

For years my primary carry gun was a J-frame, usually a 642. A few years ago I made the switch to the Glock 26, first OWB, and later appendix IWB. A few months ago—entirely by accident—I stumbled across the Walther PPS M2. I found one at price that was too low to pass up, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well I shot it. It’s stupid thin, and even with the lowest-capacity magazine I get 40% more rounds than a J-frame, with the ability to reload quickly. Depending on my clothing choices I’ll still carry my 26 or 642, but the PPS is my current favorite. Inside 15 yards it shoots like a full-sized gun, and very recently I had occasion to carry it in a “non-permissive” environment while wearing fitted clothing (and a Smartcarry holster) without a hitch.

I say all that just to say this: you’re probably not going to find your ideal carry gun by looking at specs and reading reviews. I’d recommend you carry your 238 for a while (after putting a few hundred rounds through it in practice) and see what you like and dislike about it. If you love it, great; if you don’t, you’ll be better equipped to make an informed choice.

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sun May 27, 2018 5:36 pm

I appreciate all the advice, I made a stupid mistake today..
I found a CZ 2075 Rami Decocker at Knob Creek, I didnt have the loot to just buy so I decided to try and trade my Sig 238 for it. I ended up getting the Rami but had to pay 50 out of pocket. Didnt try it out while I was there but then took it to another range and tried it out. ... And hated it. For me at least I pulled every shot left in both SA and DA. I even almost let my finger slip inside the trigger guard when I was doing something(do recall what exactly) which could have been an ND. The slide was far sharper than I liked and the extended mag I had to strip after I hit the mag release due to my hands. I found myself needing to move the gun around in a weird way to make sure the mag would clear. Will be honest at this point in the day I was just annoyed to hell and mad at my foolish choices. I was able to call KCR and they told me I could just bring it back so I did. I didnt want to push my luck so I didnt ask for the 50 extra I had to pay just looking at it as a lesson.

So I have the 238 back but now back to where I was not knowing what the hell I really want out of a CCW. In my mind I keep thinking that 380 is a chick round and didnt help that every time I talk to someone they mention "oh yeah my mom/GF/wife has one"

I really had it in my mind that I would like a non polymer SADA 9mm more but after this morning I am just not sure. I refuse to give up though.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Damn you are lucky they let you back out. I guess it was used cause if you bought a new gun from most places and went and shot it and didnt like it and tried to bring it back, they would say "tough luck" which is what KCR should have done I think. Props to them for going above and beyond service required.

I have quite a few 380 pistols and don't consider it an inadequate round. There is a time and place for everything and as I have told people, I mostly figure that any shooting I would do would be close quarters and they are not going to stop and ask me what caliber I am shooting at them with. If we are all hiding behind stuff to shoot it out, I probably only have 6 to 12 rounds anyway and its going to be more of a way to shoot and get the hell out of there than anything.

I have more than a few guns and I rotate them around depending on what is going on and what I need to have, sometimes I have three when on a quick trip to nashville. My friends think I am nuts but in some situation where they are with me, they ( or a family member who I hope doesn't think I am as nuts as the others do) may get handed one of my extra and have to also use it to help.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Hey, 380 was good enough for James Bond. Just saying ;)

scrypyr

Post by scrypyr » Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Damn you are lucky they let you back out. I guess it was used cause if you bought a new gun from most places and went and shot it and didnt like it and tried to bring it back, they would say "tough luck" which is what KCR should have done I think. Props to them for going above and beyond service required.

I have quite a few 380 pistols and don't consider it an inadequate round. There is a time and place for everything and as I have told people, I mostly figure that any shooting I would do would be close quarters and they are not going to stop and ask me what caliber I am shooting at them with. If we are all hiding behind stuff to shoot it out, I probably only have 6 to 12 rounds anyway and its going to be more of a way to shoot and get the hell out of there than anything.

I have more than a few guns and I rotate them around depending on what is going on and what I need to have, sometimes I have three when on a quick trip to nashville. My friends think I am nuts but in some situation where they are with me, they ( or a family member who I hope doesn't think I am as nuts as the others do) may get handed one of my extra and have to also use it to help.
Yeah I know I am lucky, I get impatient and just want what I want now. I will give the PPS a look when I can.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun May 27, 2018 7:14 pm

For the record, I wasn’t claiming the PPS M2 is the be-all and end-all when it comes to pistols for concealed carry. I was just sharing what works for me.

I think you should ask yourself why you thought an all-metal DA/SA gun was what you were looking for and proceed from there. If it was capacity or the added safety of a first-round DA trigger then the PPS is most definitely not what you’re looking for. Furthermore, if you have to do grip gymnastics to change the 2075’s mags, the same will most definitely be true with the PPS.

I still think you should shoot the snot out of your P238 and carry it for a few weeks before you do anything else.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 27, 2018 7:33 pm

If you got big meaty hands a shorter grip gun may not be for you if quick magazine changes are important to you. A full size may work best for you but you'll have to dress around it for concealed carry.
Food for thought though is that extremely rarely does a magazine swap occur in self defense gun usage

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Rant mode on

Kind of bugs me when someone calls 380 a "chick round" considering the fact it was a military service round in many militaries for some time and add to that the fact that the 380 SD rounds of today are superior to the rounds that were used in those guns.

Rant mode off

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 pm

No love for the P01? Next time i see one with money in my pocket i will have one for a carry gun.

Return to “Want to Buy”