BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

WTB: another VEPR, this time in 7.62x54R

Post by BK Meyers » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:00 pm

WTB: VEPR rifle in 7.62x54R caliber with 23" barrel

Yep, looking for another VEPR, but this time a rifle chambered in 7.62x54R.

Thanks
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: WTB: another VEPR, this time in 7.62x54R

Post by Jakob » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 am

That's been on my "always wanted, but can't afford" list. Good luck
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm

You might want to look into a Yugo M97, which can also be had in 8mm Mauser, as well as 7.62x54R.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Molot (Vepr) has been having money issues and has been looking for a buyer, without luck, for years now. The only company that even appears to be willing and able to buy them is Kalashnikov (the former Izhevsk). But doing so would then place Molot products under the import ban put in place by the sanctions signed in by BHO, and Molot products are not currently banned from import in the sanctions. So I would say get one while you can, there's a fair chance they may not be around much longer unless Trump repeals the sanctions but he has a lot of higher priories on his plate right now.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:30 pm

WLJ wrote:Molot (Vepr) has been having money issues and has been looking for a buyer, without luck, for years now. The only company that even appears to be willing and able to buy them is Kalashnikov (the former Izhevsk). But doing so would then place Molot products under the import ban put in place by the sanctions signed in by BHO, and Molot products are not currently banned from import in the sanctions. So I would say get one while you can, there's a fair chance they may not be around much longer unless Trump repeals the sanctions but he has a lot of higher priories on his plate right now.

That's what I am thinking in regards to buying a VEPR 12 and a VEPR in 7.62x54r. Molot products may not be available for awhile if ever once the current inventory in the U.S. is gone.

I have to admit I'm torn on the 7.62x54R. It is not a caliber that I shoot very often at all. I do have a couple of MN 91/30 rifles and a couple of crates of surplus ammo. However since I shoot a rifle left handed the bolt action Mosin-Nagants are awkward for me at best, then add in my 53 year old eyes and a weird muscle twitch that shows up in my left shoulder now and then and I just don't really enjoy shooting them. I think the VEPR in 7.62x54R could bring some of that higher caliber fun back.
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:44 pm

23" 7.62x54R with Ironwood furniture
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457662065.116921.jpg
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm

i see Classic has 23" Veprs in stock in 7.62x54R, 308, & 30-06. I didn't know they made them in 30-06.

Return to “Want to Buy”