Oral IV testimonial

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Oral IV testimonial

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 am

"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: Oral IV testimonial

Post by Kadnine » Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 pm

That's. Freaking. Awesome. ChopperDoc --

Sad to say, and it sucks mucho, (hate the needle) but the best defense against dehydration is direct injection. Warrior Wound Care obviously is familiar with this problem. I was downing up to eight gallons of water a day in Iraq in the middle of Summer, and still caught the heat exhaustion!

But with IV Hydro? You go from cryin' to flyin' in aprox 20 minutes! And once yer downed the first time, yer much more likely to go down again, and sooner. Ask me how I know this...

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

More info.

I really do not understand the science, but this guy is the inventor and Rob Pincus has a 4 part series with the guy trying to get some ideas of why it works, since there are so many skeptics.

[youtube]dd1AYAhrKxo[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1AYAhr ... TRszcKfwnA
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Hmm, I have no dog in this fights never tried the stuff but just saw this on another board.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Okay, now I'm a skeptic. If the guy wants to be the next-generation Gatorade go for it! But his marketing strategy is... less than ideal. I'm fairly up to speed on modern sports hydro medicine due to hanging out with... well... sport medicine/body building beasts in the Corps and post-Corps. But this guy uses a bunch of buzz words that my trusted experts on sports medicine once told me to watch out for... "proprietary," " magnetic fields," and "natural/found in nature."

Nine time outta ten -

1) Proprietary - Equals snake-oil salesman
2) Magnetic fields - Equals magical hippie-dippie copper bracelets
3) Found in nature - Equals duh. *Everything* is "found in nature" apart from a few man-made elements and poly plastic molecular chains. And while useful for building stuff or blowing it up, they're not meant to be ingested in the first place!

At second look, seems to be a scam to me.

- K
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

GPtuners
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GPtuners » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I know that both ITSTactical and Haley Strategic pulled it until the science is proven.

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”