Vid: Cool new tricks for ALICE gear clips

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Vid: Cool new tricks for ALICE gear clips

Post by Kadnine » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

... or possibly an old trick, but it was new to me. I just ordered a whole new bunch of clips, and picked up some pipe clamps to throw into my BOB, just in case.

[youtube]tMyXSwAJpj8[/youtube]

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Vid: Cool new tricks for ALICE gear clips

Post by Rext » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 am

I think hose clamps would be the better pickup.I believe I would have just sharpened that stick instead of clamping a spike to it?
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 am

Rext wrote:I think hose clamps would be the better pickup.I believe I would have just sharpened that stick instead of clamping a spike to it?
Interesting take... and yer certainly not wrong, by any means. The clamps are probably the more useful of the bunch.

I thought the sharpened clip-back was clever because A) better to expend the caloric energy sharpening a steel point NOW, when food is plenty, because that spike might come in handy LATER, when food is scarce, and your energy reserves may be dangerously low. And b) I just love multi-taskers. It's a spear point, arrow point, knife substitute, hide skinner, AND it holds your gear to your belt?!

I just can't see a downside to this trick.
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Hose clamps! the new zip ties!!!

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

justang1997 wrote:Hose clamps! the new zip ties!!!
Zip ties? Old n busted.
Hose clamps? New hotness!

-------> Old n busted
New hotness <--------

- K
~~~

~~~

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”