No you won't

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

No you won't

Post by GeminiXD9 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:35 pm

(This post is something you can send to your friends or print out and hand to them when SHTF.)

Dear Friend:

I love my friends, but I will shoot you if I have to. I’m serious. Here’s why.

I tried to persuade you to prepare for what’s coming and, in the process, revealed that to you that I’m preparing. You realized that I have food, guns, etc., and ended up saying, half kidding but half serious, “I’ll come to your place when SHTF.”

No you won’t. I will shoot you. If you threaten me and my family, I will use force to defend against any threat. And showing up at my place hungry and unprepared is a threat to me. You will eat my food and use up my medical supplies, generator, firewood, etc. That’s less of these life-saving things for me and my family. That’s a threat.

Is this greed on my part? No. I will take care of the truly needy – those who cannot take care of themselves. But you are different. Very different. You had plenty of chances to prepare for yourself.

But what did you do? You spent the weekends watching football, went on expensive vacations, and never made your spouse mad at you with your “crazy” ideas that something bad was happening. You didn’t do shit because… you would just come to my place. Problem solved, right? You didn’t need to spend time, money, and create domestic strife because I did that all for you.

Not. Why should I spend my time, money, and stress just so you can waltz into my place and live happily ever after? I’m a nice guy, but – really? – I’m going to spend my (very limited) free time, disposable income, and domestic tranquility just so you can have a leisurely life and more material comforts pre-Collapse while I don’t?

Why do you think I will sacrifice enormous amounts of my time and money so you can enjoy yourself while I’m slaving away? Would you assume you could come over and leave your broken car at my house? That I would just spend thousands of dollars on parts and several weekends fixing it and then hand it over to you with a smile – just because I’m a “good guy”? Would anyone expect that?

You do, apparently. You actually expect to waltz over to my cabin and receive – with a smile – thousands of dollars of food and other supplies that took me all my weekends to acquire and store.

So, my grasshopper friend (as in the story of the grasshopper and the ant), here is your official warning: if your “plan” for your and your family’s safety is to come to my place, you’re wrong. When you show up, I’ll ask you to leave. When you don’t, I’ll point a gun in your face. If you refuse to leave, I will shoot you. You are a threat to me.

You had years of time and very clear warnings to get ready. But you didn’t. Hey, I love football but haven’t been able to watch a game in a few years; I’ve been fixing up the cabin, buying supplies, and training with the Team. I spent a lot of money doing all these things so I haven’t gone on a long vacation in… forever. I have had several difficult times with my wife because of all the prepping I’m doing; I could have easily done what you did, which is just say “Yes, dear” and not prepare because she didn’t want you to.

I hope this message jolted you. There’s still some time. Go prep. Please understand that your plan cannot be “I’ll come to your place.” I don’t want to shoot you.
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Re: No you won't

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I have told peers at work something similar and others who mention " I know where I am coming if something happens". The only difference is I have told good looking women "are you coming alone" and if they say "Yes", I say "ok".

If they say "I am bringing my husband/boyfriend and my kids" then I say "good luck getting to my house".

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

My plan is to have an Army of child soldiers & harem of soccer moms.
If they dont fit that criteria, they need not apply.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Lol
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:22 pm

It's gonna be kick-ass!!!
I can't wait!

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:03 pm

I think I would help out on an individual basis. Not everybody would get help. Many people could not be trusted honestly. Man and woman with kids, prolly get a little help. All others would be decided at the time

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:12 pm

The wife's single friend keeps saying she is headed here if SHTF.. I told her she better be ready to work for keep around here in that event....
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Yep. If you dont prepare now why would i help you later?

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:18 am

BIGC wrote:The wife's single friend keeps saying she is headed here if SHTF.. I told her she better be ready to work for keep around here in that event....
I have told women they have to bring their french maid outfit....hey its only fair

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 am

Dave1965 wrote:
BIGC wrote:The wife's single friend keeps saying she is headed here if SHTF.. I told her she better be ready to work for keep around here in that event....
I have told women they have to bring their french maid outfit....hey its only fair

Lol I told her she had to come in a playboy bunny outfit the first time. She said that was fine with her which almost got me slapped by the wife...
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Netto » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 am

Mmmm.... Soccer moms...

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 am

You gotta have something good to look at/play with.
:llama:

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”