James Yeager on Youtube

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
Dashammer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: James Yeager on Youtube

Post by Dashammer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 am

Not real sure about the whole jumping in the ditch thing with Yeager is all about but I can tell you one thing I have been around my fair share of them Heavy Hitters, Gun Fighters, Shooters, Mercs, Civilian Contractors and so on and so forth and I can tell you one thing that is true when the ball ammo is incomming instead of out going the vast and I mean vast majority void down their leggs and jump behing the Humvee just like everybody else. Yeager is a dumb ass get's on youtube and declares "I am going to haul off and start killing people" what a fool. Call me stupid but can't learn anything form a person who declares his fooishness in open form. SFC E. Smth's rule #15 to modern land combat when the HE PD get's to a thumping it dosen't matter what on their class A uniform they all start squallen for "Mommy".

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 am

Dashammer wrote:Not real sure about the whole jumping in the ditch thing with Yeager is all about but I can tell you one thing I have been around my fair share of them Heavy Hitters, Gun Fighters, Shooters, Mercs, Civilian Contractors and so on and so forth and I can tell you one thing that is true when the ball ammo is incomming instead of out going the vast and I mean vast majority void down their leggs and jump behing the Humvee just like everybody else. Yeager is a dumb ass get's on youtube and declares "I am going to haul off and start killing people" what a fool. Call me stupid but can't learn anything form a person who declares his fooishness in open form. SFC E. Smth's rule #15 to modern land combat when the HE PD get's to a thumping it dosen't matter what on their class A uniform they all start squallen for "Mommy".
There is a big difference between utilizing C&C to return fire, so that you may engage the enemy... And jumping in a ditch, rolling into the fetal position, and letting your buddies get shot all to hell. Anyway, I neither agree not disagree with Yeager and his practices, to each their own. He has his reasons for doing things and I have mine.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buccman37 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 pm

The problem I have with him is he is all hype that he created. When you watch his ambush video you seen him fail twice. He gets back to the states and now he is all knowing, all killing, all bad ass, and all stupid. His video about shooting people......are you fucking kidding me? This is the shit that the media gets a hold of and runs with. It makes ALL of US look like idiots. I don't understand why this guy could know about a video showing him fuck up but still run his mouth and make money off his fan boys.
Another guy I have been looking up is Gabe Suarez......if you want a good laugh read about this killer. He says that any military deployment experience is nothing like his airsoft training......LULZ

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Trust me brother I ain't trying to defend that guys actions when he jumped in the ditch. I was not there. Like I said I try not to let fools teach me anything.

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 am

Found some vid on youtube that referenced Yeager as a coward. Watched about 5 different ones of a 3 car merc I mean civilian contractor convoy that got hit by a classic to me reverse L shaped ambush. I am assumeing Yeager was the dude who beat feet across the road out of car #1. Couldn't really make since of the brits talking on the vid about every third word I could understand. Not sure but the dude if that was Yeager was laying prone and not in the fetial position on the side of the road it is hard to tell with all the snot rags on the dash board of the car with the camera. Another one of SFC E. Smith's rule to modern land combat, if your ambushed you got three choices stay there and die, fix bayonets and assult threw the ambush or get the "F" out of the kill zone. Like I said I was not there. Who every was driving car #1 should have punched it went it went down 50 meters can big difference in a small arms ambush. I could not really understand why they where stoped anyway looked to me as if traffic was clear ahead for them. Can some one with better/younger eyes break it down for me if that is the vid everyone is talking about.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am

I have been down to Camden and trained with Yeager on a few occasions. I have also had the chance to train with some other well known companies and small ones as well. Tactical Response and Yeager are always impressing me with what and how they teach. I have been through the fighting pistol twice and soon a 3rd with my daughter this summer. I believe that the mindset lecture on the morning of day 2 is something that everyone should attend. I can honestly say it changed my life and the way I look at situation. I learn something new every time I attend. Fighting Rifle is pretty good but The Fight is another awakening class. He has good solid instructors and curriculum without trying to sell you crap like one of the other big name schools that gives classes at KCR. One of my favorite instructors from TR is from Lexington Aaron Little he is starting to offer his own classes now as well. Lots of great instructors have come out of TR, the late Paul Gomez, Jeff Bloovman from Armed Dynamics, Shay VanVlymen from Midset Lab and several others. My experience with TR and Yeager have all been good, but again I do train with others as well so I have something to compare it to. What I like best about TR is that there will be no suger coating you go there to train and you get the training. You don't get a pat on the back when you are screwing up you get the attention you need to correct your mistake and do it correctly. You also get real world training that most of us would possibly encounter. Not a bunch of recycled military or police training that would be of little use to a civilian in a real world situation. The instructors and Yeager all seek other training from big and small companies trying to continue to give the student the best bang for their buck. They are always training somewhere and hosting other classes at TR from people such as Farnahm, Pincus, Clint Smith, Costa and on and on even Appleseed. As a student you will benefit from this knowledge gained from their extensive training. This is the #1 thing I look for in any instructor.
As far as the shit that happened with the convoy. I don't know and really don't care. Who it does matter to is the guys he was working with. They are friends and attend his alumni weekend events every year. So I would think in their eyes he is still GTG.
The downrange photographer has little to do with picture taking. Until you realize the stress associated with it you will not understand. You are not breaking any of the 4 rules of gun safety. You are getting the added stress of having to make your shot. Think a crowded mall or other location where you may have to take a shot with others in a close proximity to the bad guy. It does have merit and will make you think.

The ones that bash Yeager or others I wonder actually how much actual training they have under their belt.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am

As I said before Yager is a but being a douchebag just means he has a certain charm.
:llama:
So what atleast he an'it like Gabe , a phoney.

If Mudcat endorses him , GTG

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Mudcat, I don't think anyone is bashing his training or his knowledge. I've seen what he teaches and it is all good stuff. There are a few things I disagree with and teach differently because of my own personal experiences and the training I've recieved over the years. However, like all things shooting related it comes down to shooter preference. I think most just question Yeagers strength of character because of his previous actions and things he has stated on his YouTube videos. Anyway, regardless everyone should seek as much training as possible from as many different instructors as possible.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 pm

I agree with DDgunslinger on what was said above......and Mudcat I was one of the ones bashing him so if you want a copy of my dd214 just let me know. I'm not trying to start shit just defending myself. I know I need to train more for sure since its been awhile since I took a class.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Buccman37 wrote:I agree with DDgunslinger on what was said above......and Mudcat I was one of the ones bashing him so if you want a copy of my dd214 just let me know.
I don't think I have seen you post anything with a positive tone yet...lol

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

son of liberty wrote:
Buccman37 wrote:I agree with DDgunslinger on what was said above......and Mudcat I was one of the ones bashing him so if you want a copy of my dd214 just let me know.
I heart the KAC! better?

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Buccman37 wrote:
son of liberty wrote:
I heart the KAC! better?
Oh that was good!

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 pm

and I could come over one day and make the best cheesy potatoes haha

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Lmao

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:40 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:eryone should seek as much training as possible from as many different instructors as possible.
I agree 100% with this statement. As far as agree with Yeager on everything he says, absolutely not. But I have been there and done it. The ones I get a kick out of are the ones who talk about guys training, and instructors but have not been through any professional training, even local training groups.
James is probably better at getting points across than anyone I have trained with though. He is a hoot to be in class with. Serious and funny at the same time, not just the how to do something but why and what the consequences of failing are.

Buccman, I don't care about your DD214, hell I got one too with 11 years active as a 12B, many schools and deployments. The Army training is not that great except for being in the sandbox. Has little to do with being a civilian, the laws we have, and how we move around on a daily basis.
I can agree on one thing. The one SI class I took was nothing but a sales pitch and pump you up. Very little actual fighting taught. The other guys that took seemed to enjoy getting their ego stroked. Myself I was there to learn.

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”