Samb. is on the AT

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
samb.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Samb. is on the AT

Post by samb. » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:11 am

So I made it to Damascus VA yesterday afternoonight after a 9.5hr 27ish mile day. Good times. Gonna be in VA for 500+ miles.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:21 am

Awesome stuff!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:06 am

Sweet!

Thanks for updating
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

samb.

Post by samb. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Sorry for those that were following my hike. I had to get off trail in Boiling Springs Pa, my left ankle was swollen and hurt with every step. I tried to take 2 weeks off to heal it but the problem came right back. Prior x-rays showed no fractures so it is an overuse injury. Don't worry I'll be back on trail in May after school is out to finish my hike where I left off!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Prayers for a speedy recovery and I'll still be following when you return to it.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Marcus wrote:Prayers for a speedy recovery and I'll still be following when you return to it.
Ditto
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Good stuff, quite a trek you made so far!
I can't help but think how it sucks that a fella could pretty much carry a firearm in 11 out of the fourteen States while covering the AT. But MD, NY and NJ ruin a nice hike.

samb.

Post by samb. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:45 pm

richief wrote:Good stuff, quite a trek you made so far!
I can't help but think how it sucks that a fella could pretty much carry a firearm in 11 out of the fourteen States while covering the AT. But MD, NY and NJ ruin a nice hike.
Carrying it is the problem though, when walking 2200 miles the weight of a handgun really gets heavy lol

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am

samb. wrote:
richief wrote:Good stuff, quite a trek you made so far!
Carrying it is the problem though, when walking 2200 miles the weight of a handgun really gets heavy lol
That's about 30,000,000 Joules. Lol
Tench Coxe

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”