Motorcycle: 2007 Honda VTX1300c

Looking to sell/trade a bike or car.... Post it up here.
Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Motorcycle: 2007 Honda VTX1300c

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:48 am

jackalo626 wrote:
KYgundude wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys. The reality of it is I love this bike and I want this bike but the old Corolla is at 163 thousand miles, burning tons of oil, suspension shot, and has trouble starting below 20 degrees. I just can't responsibly take an auto loan, keep paying my bike loan and put money away for retirement especially now that my lifespan has changed from age 50 to past 70 LOL. I really hate adult decisions.
DDGunslinger had two carolla that both had over 300 and are still running as far as I know. Possibly a competent mechanic can diagnose it and it be fixed for not much more than a down payment on a new car or a couple car payments. Just think about it. New struts and shocks are just a couple hundred bucks and the oil burning issue might be simple and obvious fix.
Jack speaks the truth. Someone once told me the cheapest car to buy is the one you already have.
You might hit up JOE on this forum, good mechanic and board member. He is honest and could at least give you the right skinny on what to do ( in my opinion). I would fully expect that a corolla would get 250k miles easily. You might have to put out some maintenance money but cheaper for that than to buy a new car. My son is driving my old honda accord which self-changes its oil every 3000 miles :) and is at 250k miles.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 pm

I would feel more comfortable in a newer car, Especially with elderly parents 600 miles away. Additionally, to be honest, I've gotten more timid on the bike. Running is extremely important to me and I've had to many close calls that make me think about what happens when the text messaging kid plows into me? A friend just lost a fellow local biker to a car. I think I'm just past the whole bike thing for now.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:40 pm

KYgundude wrote:I would feel more comfortable in a newer car, Especially with elderly parents 600 miles away. Additionally, to be honest, I've gotten more timid on the bike. Running is extremely important to me and I've had to many close calls that make me think about what happens when the text messaging kid plows into me? A friend just lost a fellow local biker to a car. I think I'm just past the whole bike thing for now.
I can't let the what if's in life dictate mine but sorry about your friend.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:54 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
KYgundude wrote:I would feel more comfortable in a newer car, Especially with elderly parents 600 miles away. Additionally, to be honest, I've gotten more timid on the bike. Running is extremely important to me and I've had to many close calls that make me think about what happens when the text messaging kid plows into me? A friend just lost a fellow local biker to a car. I think I'm just past the whole bike thing for now.
It's more of a weighing the risk thing. I'm just not motivated to ride anyway. My friends want to ride Saturday morning and I want to go to New Albany for run club. I'm a completely different person now. There's also a lot more wrong with the car I didn't even mention. This is the right thing to do man.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:11 pm

KYgundude wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
It's more of a weighing the risk thing. I'm just not motivated to ride anyway. My friends want to ride Saturday morning and I want to go to New Albany for run club. I'm a completely different person now. There's also a lot more wrong with the car I didn't even mention. This is the right thing to do man.
I hear ya. To each their own. If I quit something everytime I heard someone got hurt thiugh I'd never drive a car, shoot a gun, walk outside because I could twist my ankle etc. Life is a garden, dig it....

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Final Price Drop. $4800 FIRM. With the Mustang seat and V&H pipes, this is a great price. I want it gone bad!! Want my damn car.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Sold. FYI there's an old Yota coming for sale this weekend

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Return to “Vehicles”