FS Norinco SKS w/factory install side mounted scope mount

For firearms for sale. All local, state, and federal laws apply. Don't be an idiot; follow the law.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

FS Norinco SKS w/factory install side mounted scope mount

Post by WLJ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am

Up for sale

One Norinco SKS

Features
* Factory installed side mounted Mosin style scope mount, rock solid, doesn't need to be removed for cleaning.
* Black Monte Carlo Stock
* Also have the original wood stock that was cut for the scope mount
* 5 rd mag install
* original 10 rd mag included.
* Flash hider installed, was installed before 922r, means it's grandfathered in.
* Brass defector not shown, forgot to install before pictures
* As you can see the bayonet lug was ground off for a sleeker look.
* It slices it dices it juliennes fries!

Act now and I'll throw in the BSA 4x scope, as shown, for Free!

Note on scope, name tag fell off.

Note on the wood stock: Added wood filler to the bayo slot (not needed) but never finished the job.

Note on scope and defector: The original scope was a neat little Red Star 4x that was moved to another rifle, didn't need the brass defector with that scope but as shown will need the brass defector reinstall, (just use the two screws included on the gas tube cover) If you use a short enough scope the defector is not needed.

Still need to dig up the original gas tube, it's in box around here somewhere. But will find before final sale.

$400

As usual with my sales, Louisville area and I don't like to ship, doesn't mean I won't, I just prefer not to.

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: FS Norinco SKS w/factory install side mounted scope moun

Post by renovatio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:46 pm

WLJ is a good dude, I bought a handgun off him just a couple weeks ago. Glws
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Bump
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:51 am

Bump

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Bump

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:23 am

Maybe after this week this puppy goes up on the highroad or thefiringline

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 am

Bump

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Going on consignment after this week.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Last chance.

ApexCypher

Post by ApexCypher » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Do you hace a picture of the left side of the reciever, bottom of stock (bayo area), and the factory scope?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 pm

ApexCypher wrote:Do you hace a picture of the left side of the reciever, bottom of stock (bayo area), and the factory scope?
If you're asking if there any way to mount a bayo, nope there isn't any, it's perfectly smooth. Factory scope? There was no factory scope, the mount is factory install but it came without a scope. I do have the usual Chinese 4x that was sold with these but I'm using it on something else.

ApexCypher

Post by ApexCypher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:25 am

Ok...well if it has the factory scope I would be interested. Im not worried about mounting a bayo but I would like to see how its filled? Was it a home job or is it factory filled? Also it doeant by chance say Navy Arms on the left of the receiver does it? Also do all the serial numbers match?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:05 am

ApexCypher wrote:Ok...well if it has the factory scope I would be interested. Im not worried about mounting a bayo but I would like to see how its filled? Was it a home job or is it factory filled? Also it doeant by chance say Navy Arms on the left of the receiver does it? Also do all the serial numbers match?
The black stock as shown has no bayo slot. The original wood stock I halfway filled the bayo slot with wood filler before becoming bored with the project about 20 years ago.
Not Navy Arms.
Serial on the original mag doesn't match (I think, I would have to check) It is shown with an aftermarket 5 round flush fit mag that I think improves the appearance.

ApexCypher

Post by ApexCypher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 am

That sucks about the stock and scope. That appears to be either a Farmers Friend or Cowboy Companion SKS. In unmollested condition these rifles fetch a premium. Sometimes in the thousands of dollars. But from the wood filler no scope and missing accesories. If I could get some better pictures of the reciecer bayo lug area and serial number I would be able to give you a more stern yes or no on this rifle.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 am

I think I know what you're looking for when you say "Original Scope". I think you are referring to the Red Star 4x20 scope. These where usually sold separately for $20 at the time (late 80s, early 90s). I have two of them. They look and perform very much like the old Mosin 4x.

ApexCypher

Post by ApexCypher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes.Also Some of these rifles came in a green box with a red star. Wouldnt have that by chance would ya? Would you care to send me some more pictures?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:54 pm

ApexCypher wrote:Yes.Also Some of these rifles came in a green box with a red star. Wouldnt have that by chance would ya? Would you care to send me some more pictures?
When I get chance to take some pictures.

Got to remember I bought this thing and added the stock, flash hider, piston tube over 20 years ago, so memory is a little fuzzy by now.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:58 pm

You probably won't believed were the scope is now. It fit perfectly in an AR-180 original scope mount which is kind of hard to find a proper scope for.

Return to “Firearms for sale”