SOLD

For firearms for sale. All local, state, and federal laws apply. Don't be an idiot; follow the law.
cRiMe-sCeNe
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

SOLD

Post by cRiMe-sCeNe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 pm

SOLD
Last edited by cRiMe-sCeNe on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Romanian PSL Sniper rifle

Post by Wyldman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Is that one of the Century imports built at the Cugir plant? It looks like it and looks to be in great shape. If it is, it will be engraved on the bottom or the right side of the receiver.

I love mine!

GLWS!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Wyldman wrote:Is that one of the Century imports built at the Cugir plant? It looks like it and looks to be in great shape. If it is, it will be engraved on the bottom or the right side of the receiver.

I love mine!

GLWS!
I think, don't quote me on this, that the ones that still have the bayonet lug were merely imported by Century and not built by them. Mine is like that, all Romanian despite saying Century on the bottom. It's the lug thing I'm not 100% sure about.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Hmmmmmm.....
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 pm

traded mine off at the gun show this weekend, it was marked FPK dragonuv underneath by the trigger and built in knoxville.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Dave1965 wrote:traded mine off at the gun show this weekend, it was marked FPK dragonuv underneath by the trigger and built in knoxville.
Pet peeve of mine, calling a PSL a Dragunov. Right up there with "clip" and "magazine".
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 pm

WLJ wrote:
Wyldman wrote:Is that one of the Century imports built at the Cugir plant? It looks like it and looks to be in great shape. If it is, it will be engraved on the bottom or the right side of the receiver.

I love mine!

GLWS!
I think, don't quote me on this, that the ones that still have the bayonet lug were merely imported by Century and not built by them. Mine is like that, all Romanian despite saying Century on the bottom. It's the lug thing I'm not 100% sure about.
Exactly my point, the rifles imported by Century are far superior in quality to the ones they farmed out to be built from kits. The engraving I referred to indicates that it was built at the Cugir plant, even though it has Century's mark on it. In between them, quality wise, the FPK marked rifles built in TN are mixed as far as thier build qualities, some great, some good, some not so much.

Most all still have the bayonet lug, but many have had one side ground down in an effort to prevent them from securing the bayonet, even though most still do.

Sorry, it was not my intent to junk up your sale thread, but I have found the history of these rifles fascinating for quite some time and thought I would share some of what I know. If this is unwelcome, please let me know and I'll ask an admin to remove my posts.
IN GOD WE TRUST

cRiMe-sCeNe

Post by cRiMe-sCeNe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:52 pm

it was built at the Cugir plant and has that marked on it. The model is psl54c.

cRiMe-sCeNe

Post by cRiMe-sCeNe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 pm

And no I don't mind the posts its very interesting stuff. :)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 pm

cRiMe-sCeNe wrote:it was built at the Cugir plant and has that marked on it. The model is psl54c.
The C from what I read meant 100% Romanian.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 pm

These will only continue to go up in value since they are no longer being produced or imported to the US.
It may not be a Dragunov, but it dam sure is a fine sniper style semi-auto!

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:11 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to call a PSL a sniper (style) rifle, but definitely would allow it the status of a DMR (Designated Marksman's Rifle), easily able to hold minute-of-man at 600M. Good for medium range overwatch.
IN GOD WE TRUST

cRiMe-sCeNe

Post by cRiMe-sCeNe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Pretty sure its what Romania starting using as primary semi auto sniper rifle after Russia cut them off in the late 60s for whining about the invasion of Czechoslovakia. They replaced the SVD with it anyway....due to demand it sounds like from what ive read.

Return to “Firearms for sale”