Form1 Approved... Now what?

SBR goes here. Have questions about trusts, gas systems, draco's, etc, ask away.
iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 96 times

Form1 Approved... Now what?

Post by iron369 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

I got two e-filed Form 1's approved yesterday. I have my lower out to be engraved for my sbr and my tube has been engraved for the suppressor. I'm gtg on the builds. My question lies in the paperwork. When I did the form 4 my dealer called when he got the stamp and told me to come pick up my item and the stamp which I did. I have searched all over Googleland to find out how I get my documentation and can't find it. Will the ATF send me the approved Form 1 with a stamp attached? Somewhere I read that somebody thought they had to print out the form, mail it in, and the ATF would send it back with a stamp on it. Everything I read explains how to get a form 1 approved, but not how to get the stamps in my pudgey little hands so any insight from people that have been through the process would be helpful.
Using Tapatalk

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Form1 Approved... Now what?

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 am

I was under the impression that the pdf that is attached to the email confirmation has an image of the approved stamp. Heard it somewhere that was all that is needed. It could be bad info, but I would think if there was something else you needed to do after you receive the approval, there would be instructions. Dunno for sure. Still waiting on my first approval. When did you submit?
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:15 am

I don't know about F1, but i did have a F4 approved efile before the system FUBARed. The form was emailed as a PDF with the stamp on it. That is all that is sent, no hard copy. I printed it out on a color printer since the stamp was bluish, and that is what is in my files. See if the stamp is on the PDF sent to you.

I printed a second copy to keep with the suppressor. On all the hard copies, I scanned and printed copies to keep with me, as well, in case somebody goes all NFA nazi and wants to make sure my contraband is properly registered.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:22 am

This isn't overly confidence inspiring.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/11/10/ar ... ng-answer/

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:41 am

I got my form 1 mailed to me then built my rifle. But mine was before E file was an option. Just wait till you have form in hand before you build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:42 am

Gunsmokin wrote:This isn't overly confidence inspiring.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/11/10/ar ... ng-answer/
Why am i not surprised?

Your tax dollars at work.....again....
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by iron369 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:I was under the impression that the pdf that is attached to the email confirmation has an image of the approved stamp. Heard it somewhere that was all that is needed. It could be bad info, but I would think if there was something else you needed to do after you receive the approval, there would be instructions. Dunno for sure. Still waiting on my first approval. When did you submit?
I've heard the the pdf needs to be printed and sent in to the ATF. So they can put the actual stamp on it and send it back before the item is built. I was hoping some had asked the ATF or had experienced this situation.
Using Tapatalk

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by iron369 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:06 pm

I submitted the sbr on 11-12-15 and the suppressor on 11-19-15. Both were approved 02-13-16
Using Tapatalk

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:09 pm

iron369 wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:I was under the impression that the pdf that is attached to the email confirmation has an image of the approved stamp. Heard it somewhere that was all that is needed. It could be bad info, but I would think if there was something else you needed to do after you receive the approval, there would be instructions. Dunno for sure. Still waiting on my first approval. When did you submit?
I've heard the the pdf needs to be printed and sent in to the ATF. So they can put the actual stamp on it and send it back before the item is built. I was hoping some had asked the ATF or had experienced this situation.
I will be curious as to the answer - this is not something i have heard but i haven't done a F1, until later today maybe LOL

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:36 pm

iron369 wrote:I submitted the sbr on 11-12-15 and the suppressor on 11-19-15. Both were approved 02-13-16
Sounds like I have at least 2 more months on mine, at minimum. Submitted 2 form 1 on 1/7/16.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:53 pm

I just sent a question to the "Ask the experts" on the ATF Eforms site.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:06 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455494732.234401.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455494732.234401.jpg (171.92 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by iron369 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I wrote an "ask an expert" question an Mr. Schaible answered mine with the same exact words.
Using Tapatalk

SpyderArms
Been liked: 0

Post by SpyderArms » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 pm

The pdf they send you in the email is the official one. Print it out and you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:29 pm

It may be a niggling detail, and it does take longer, but this is why I have paper filed for all of my stamps, so I could have my "actual" stamp on a real form. I feel that after paying $200 for a tax stamp, I bloody well want the actual physical stamp.

Who knows?! Maybe one day they will become collector's items.

They are, after all, the most expensive US Gov't issued stamp in history.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Short-barreled Rifles”