GemTech Outback llD

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

GemTech Outback llD

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:33 pm

With the help of my oldest daughter I made a quick video of my newest pick-up:the GemTech Outback llD

So far I couldnt be happier with the suppressor, however, I guess I should shoot it more to give a real review. Im still new to the suppressor game, but can say already that is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time!

Heres the video.....more info and details as I use it:

[youtube]zRK0Q7qXanQ[/youtube]
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: GemTech Outback ll

Post by GeminiXD9 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Same one LA giving away?
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

GemTech Outback ll

Post by dbh » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:40 pm

GeminiXD9 wrote:Same one LA giving away?
Yep.
And same one I am waiting 5-6 months for.

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 pm

BALLER.

that is all

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Yes and this can will not disappoint! Really feels well made, a lot of great reviews and they have great customer service and good prices.....

Video doesn't do the suppressor justice......it really makes the Ruger sound like a pellet gun even with regular ammo.......i didnt think shooting 22 could be anymore fun, but this definitely does just that!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

That's sweet!!
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am

So is the suppressor one that can be taken apart to be cleaned or does it have to be sent in for service?

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:36 am

Watched the video and while I agree it probably didn't do the suppressor justice it still made the point of its job.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 am

good video, always puts a smile on your face when you do shoot it

makes up for the 6 month wait

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 am

This is the Outback llD and it comes apart for cleaning......read the book last night and it looks fairly easy to take apart and clean, however, they claim in the maual that cleaning is optional and say that it's prefered by some to leave it "dirty" as it may have its benifits.....??? Im not sure? It also says cleaning should be done every 150 rounds because waiting longer will allow more build up and more likely that it wont come apart as intended and risk damaging the can.....Going to do some more research and perhaps see what some of thr veteran suppressor guys here think.....

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 am

shelbygoat wrote:good video, always puts a smile on your face when you do shoot it

makes up for the 6 month wait
Exactly!

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Re: GemTech Outback llD

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 am

Nice videos. I agree that a video never does a suppressor justice.

If you want crazy laughing out loud fun, get a bolt action .22 rifle like a Savage FVSR or TRRSR and put the can on it. With the right subsonic ammo you can only hear a very mild "click". I recently did this with one of mine at Joe and Rachel's farm and it had us all cracking up it was so damn quiet.
:llama:

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Opinions on cleaning suppressors? Yah/Nah?

The Outback llD is aluminum and somewhat sensitive to harsh solvents....they even warn against Hoppes and the like....

I cant decide whether to just shoot the heck out of it or take it apart and clean every 150 rds?? Thats my only concern.....doesnt take long to go thru 150 rds, lol......I would end up cleaning it ALOT

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 am

I decided that the first time or two I am going to take the suppressor apart and clean it......I don't guess it can really hurt anything and it looks very simple to take apart and put back together. At this point I would hate to shoot the hell out of it and decide I want to clean it and not be able to take it apart due to lead/carbon etc build up........

I'm usually not real hesitant to piddle and take things apart, but I'm being a little more cautious with the suppressor for obvious reasons...........

Again, if any veteran suppressor guys have any knowledge or opinions to share on the subject it would be greatly appreciated!

*Also, I should have a video tonight or tomorrow of the GemTech Trek 5.56 can.....keep an eye out!*

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 pm

JustShootIt wrote:Opinions on cleaning suppressors? Yah/Nah?

The Outback llD is aluminum and somewhat sensitive to harsh solvents....they even warn against Hoppes and the like....

I cant decide whether to just shoot the heck out of it or take it apart and clean every 150 rds?? Thats my only concern.....doesnt take long to go thru 150 rds, lol......I would end up cleaning it ALOT
i use dawn, a toothbrush, and warm water lol

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm

I have an AAC Element & I use soap, water, and a toothbrush, like SG does.
Dry with hair dryer and oil up.
I clean it whenever the notion hits me.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 pm

scorpionmain wrote:I have an AAC Element & I use soap, water, and a toothbrush, like SG does.
Dry with hair dryer and oil up.
I clean it whenever the notion hits me.
yeah i let it sit out for a bit, use some grey grease on the threads and put it back together

no certain times for cleaning for me, usually after one ot two sessions, no more than 200 or so rounds i would guess

Return to “Suppressors”