AAC Illusion 9 mini review

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

AAC Illusion 9 mini review

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:18 pm

So finally, after picking it up months ago, I got to the range for a bit tonight.

I bought this can because it is made to work with standard sights, and it does. Once indexed you get just enough of your sights just above the can to aim.

To index you screw the can on right then pull it forward and turn it until the wording on the side is on the right side of the pistol. Simple enough. However on the first two mags the recoil was enough to make the can shift its position causing me to have to use its case as an insulator so I could get it back where it should be. This didn't happen after the second mag.

As for how quiet it is, I was in an indoor range with other shooters so I couldn't take my ear pro off to shoot it. I did put one mag through the G17 before attaching the can for a baseline and it made a LOT of difference. That was actually my first time shooting a suppressed pistol indoors.

I also shot both 115gr and 147gr, all from Freedom Munitions. It's crazy how much quieter the 147gr is.

Accuracy was good. I shot better with the can than without actually. Weight is minimal, but if you swing the pistol you can definitely tell there's something there.

Next will be cleaning. I think I may invest in a little ultrasonic cleaner for the baffles at some point.

Hopefully now that there's a little grit in the mechanism the reindexing will not be an issue anymore. Now I need a threaded barrel for my XDM 9mm too.
26171895962_e2653d6c71_o.jpg
IMG_6135.JPG
IMG_6132.JPG

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: AAC Illusion 9 mini review

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Nice little review. I want to try that can out sometime. We need to have a suppressor shoot.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 pm

shaggy1392 wrote:Nice little review. I want to try that can out sometime. We need to have a suppressor shoot.
i like it. No ear pro allowed...lol

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:32 pm

ssracer wrote:
shaggy1392 wrote:Nice little review. I want to try that can out sometime. We need to have a suppressor shoot.
Yeah it sucks when you are trying to enjoy some quiet time and somebody right next to you is blasting away.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

shaggy1392 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Yeah it sucks when you are trying to enjoy some quiet time and somebody right next to you is blasting away.
mike would probably bring his .50 :llama:

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:19 pm

If you want to see what an ultrasonic will do you can try my new one
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “Suppressors”