First time suppressor buyer

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
HEYOPEY
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

First time suppressor buyer

Post by HEYOPEY » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

I trying to do some research, Right now I'm may be in the market this year for my first suppressor. A few months now I've had my eye on the Griffin armament optimus for a first time buyer is the jack of all trades, master of none can that way to go or should I be looking at buying a dedicated can first. As of right now I have a few AR's (16' 14.5' & 11.5'), AK (Yugo NPAP), Rem 700 AAC-SD, Glock 17 & 19 that I would pass the can between. What is your opinion/advice

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: First time suppressor buyer

Post by Wyldman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:04 am

You've waited this long, consider waiting a while longer. With the Safe Hearing Act coming to the House floor early next year, you may not have to shell out for the $200 tax stamp, at all. I also firmly believe that prices will drop like a stone when you can walk into just about any gun shop and buy a can w/o anything more than filling out a 4473. If the act passes, you can build your own very functional and effecient can for about $40.

If you really want to buy a stamp, go for a Class III lower or an SBR.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: First time suppressor buyer

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:33 am

Wyldman wrote:You've waited this long, consider waiting a while longer. With the Safe Hearing Act coming to the House floor early next year, you may not have to shell out for the $200 tax stamp, at all. I also firmly believe that prices will drop like a stone when you can walk into just about any gun shop and buy a can w/o anything more than filling out a 4473. If the act passes, you can build your own very functional and effecient can for about $40.

If you really want to buy a stamp, go for a Class III lower or an SBR.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
This.

I put all NFA purchases on hold for now.

Return to “Suppressors”