Silencerco Hybrid and Rugged Obsidian 45

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Silencerco Hybrid and Rugged Obsidian 45

Post by Vividia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 am

Pulled the trigger with MP5Guy (Rex Tyson) on both suppressors. Rex had very competitive pricing IMO. I wanted to get a couple more toys on the trust before the new rules go into effect this summer.

Obsidian can be configured full length or K length. Designed by same guy who designed the Octane (already in my collection). A bit narrower and lighter than the Octane, and can use the pistons i already have for the Octane. Rated for 9, 45 and 300 blk sub. Optional end caps for different calibers and 3 lug mount if needed. Might be fun to put the 3 lug on P226 or something to make it a QD pistol can LOL.

Hybrid is rated from 9mm to 45-70, including 45 ACP. Multiple end cap options for different calibers, and doesn't have the sub only restriction on 300 blk. I believe it can use the same pistons I have for the Octane. Although Jack of All Trades usually means master of none, reviews have been very good on this one, and it's only a few decibels from caliber specific cans.

I have placed a lot of weight on versatility when choosing cans. This rounds things out very nicely with what I already have. Still would like to add an Omega at some point.

Now the wait begins again.......
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Silencerco Hybrid and Rugged Obsidian 45

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 am

Nice!! I bought an obsidian back in January and it just made it to KY about two weeks ago. My form 4 went out the same day. I'm really looking forward to using it in the short configuration for my 9mm sbr. The modularity and internal 3 lug mount is what sold me. I'm buying a specwar k next week but I have been waiting on a local dealer to get one in stock since January. If it doesn't make it there by Monday I'm just going to order it elsewhere. I had planned on it being my last can for a while but since I have a bunch of silencerco pistons and have totally commited to the asr mount, I feel like I may as well get a hybrid too. Maybe I'll will take the hybrid plunge with you. Damn these things are addictive!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 am

That Hybrid is screaming "BUY ME!" at me too...haha

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 am

SPENNNNDDDDDD!!!!
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm

I am still mulling the Omega - but the Saker 762 is SUCH a nice can, and with the Specwar and (eventually after F4 hell) the Hybrid, it might just be redundant. More of a want than a need, but who knows.......
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Will that 3 lug mount fit a MP5 barrel?

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:04 pm

I have been debating between the Omega and the Saker, and have been leaning towards the Saker because it's mounting options match what I already have (YHM Phantom).

With 4 .22 cans, a Bowers 9mm can, & 2 .45 cans (Osprey & Octane), I'm pretty well set, save for another large bore rifle can.

Since fun money is tight, I may hold off and see if the NFA circus on suppressors gets repealed in the next couple of years. If it does, I fully expect both options and prices to get much better (I hope).

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Toddstang wrote:Will that 3 lug mount fit a MP5 barrel?
I *THINK* I read somewhere that the MP5 was its purpose, but you might googlefu it

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Vividia wrote:
I *THINK* I read somewhere that the MP5 was its purpose, but you might googlefu it
Thanks you Viv.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:06 pm

This is what I remember reading on the Silencershop page for the griffin 3 lug muzzle device:

Griffin 3-Lug Muzzle Devices - Pistol Silencer Accessories - Accessories

These muzzle devices are HK patterned (to 9mm specs) and will interface with any standard 3-Lug mount.

The 5/8x24 version requires an extension to reach the proper diameter and is the larger device pictured. All other mounts are the smaller sized mounts. The 5/8 mount is also bored for use with .300blk and will not run on a 9mm platform.

On a completely scientific side note: The m13.5x1LH will turn your MPX into a slick little QD system if you also have a Griffin Optimus or Revolution

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Looks like I need to place an order.

Return to “Suppressors”