what would you do

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

what would you do

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm currently in the market for another rifle suppressor. I have a silencerco omega that's been in jail a few months and am wanting to add one more to the collection. I really wanted a rugged surge, but now am leaning more towards a dead air sandman s or specwar k. While I like the modularity of the surge, I am primarily wanting a shorter can to use on an 5.56 SBR. I started looking at the rugged razor and comparing to the sandman s as well and decided I like the dead air's qd mounting system better. I dont particularly need this can to be 30 caliber, but I like having the ability to use it on many more hosts if I want to down the road. With that said, i also have the omega coming home soon. The reason I am considering the specwar K is due to using the same mounting system as the omega. That allows me to use the specwar on my 5.56 guns and give me the option to use the omega was well. If I purchase the sandman, the omega is going to be used primarily on a 8.5" 300 blk and I will use the direct thread mount with it for my bolt guns. I can't for the life of me decide which way to go. I can get the specwar k for $595 or the Sandman S for $830. The price difference is not a big factor in the decision but never the less is something to consider. If you were me, which would you buy and why?

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: what would you do

Post by Dustin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Specwar would be my choice. The price is better does everything you want it to and has silencerco behind it. The deadair saying no barrel length puts me off. Hunter town said the same thing then changed their tune. Im looking for something for me its the silencerco or a form 1.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 pm

I have to agree with Dustin.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:31 am

I have the regular Specwar, not the K model. I like it, and have pretty much dedicated it to my bolt guns due to the length and weight. It is a very nice can. For me, I use the saker on my ARs, due to the modularity and swappable front caps and mounts. It uses the MAAD mount, but I have the ASR mount for it so I can also use the flash hiders/brakes I have on the bolt guns. I will use the saker on SBR/pistol builds.

I am currently trying to decide between an Omega and the new Hybrid from Silencerco. They hybrid can be configured pistol and rifle.

Good luck deciding haha so many to choose from these days.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shaggy1392 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:57 am

Ended up going with the specwar k. Ordered it this morning.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Awesome!

Allan Dayton had a great idea. We need a shoot for NOTHING but suppressed firearms. I wanna hear toys I don't have :)
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:58 pm

That "sounds" like a good idea.......

See what I did there?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shaggy1392 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:24 pm

I'm in for suppressed only shoot. I'd definitely like to try out other cans that I don't have although it might be hazardous to my wallet afterwards.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:15 pm

I'm in!!!

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Hmmmm i may give this some thought....

Return to “Suppressors”