What would you get?

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

What would you get?

Post by Tyler » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm going get a suppressor in the near future, but I can't decide what to get. I currently have a 22lr-5.7 can(Spectre II) and 5.56 SilencerCo Saker.

I was, until recently, decided on the Sandman S to handle 5.56, .300blk and a 6.8 and/or .308 in the future. Now I'm considering a .45 can for use with 9mm, subsonic 300blk and an eventual 1911 and any PCC's that strike my fancy.

Thoughts? Anyone had a similar dilemma and been happy or disappointed in the end?
Height Supremacist

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What would you get?

Post by Frailer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:39 pm

I'd personally go for a .308/300BLK can.

Handgun suppressors aren't my thing. Nothing wrong with them, but I view them largely as range toys. Rifle cans, however, are *useful*.

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by shaggy1392 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:02 pm

I had similar thoughts a while back and went with the pistol can first and haven't looked back. I primarily shoot pistol and rimfire so I figured I'd get the most use out of the pistol can. I'd go with which ever you think you would get the most out of use first and then get the other as soon as funds allow.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:14 pm

^^^^ Pretty much exactly what he said...

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:22 pm

Given your parameters, I would look at the Silencerco Octane 45. I find its versatility a big draw.

It's a 45 suppressor

Change out the piston to make it a 9mm suppressor. Change out the front cap from 45 to 9mm to make it an even quieter 9mm suppressor

Put on either the fixed thread mount or the fixed piston adapter on it and it's a SUB ONLY 300 BLK suppressor.

I have one and really like it. The flexibility is a big bonus as far as i am concerned.

For the 30 calibers i have a Saker 762 - also huge flexibility with mounts and encaps, plus it is rated for shorter barrels for the SBR crowd.

I have a Specwar 762, but i pretty much limit it to bolt rifles due to the size and weight. Pretty quiet, though. It uses the ASR mount an no changeable front cap.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

I agree with Viv. I have the Octanne with various different adaptors and a 9mm end cap. All the different adaptors add up $$ but I can use it on my MPX, Scorpion Evo and HK 45. Very versatile.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 pm

I also love my Octane45. Works great on my .45 and 9mm pistols and 9mm Sub2k. Can't wait to do a 300blk pistol upper for it...

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 pm

I went with the huntertownarms g45. Just because of the price point. But the osprey 45 is the best pistol can on the market. I MO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Pray to God you never need any warranty work or parts that you can only get from HTA. Their CS absolutely sucks, for which the cheap does little to make up for.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Suppressors”