.22 Suppressor Best Bang for your Buck

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: .22 Suppressor Best Bang for your Buck

Post by Niceguy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:26 pm

shaggy1392 wrote:I also own a Huntertown guardian 22 and I will be the first to say DO NOT go that route. Their customer service may be the worst on earth and aluminum baffles are a PITA to clean. For a little over $300 you can pick up a silencerco spectre ii, which has stainless baffles and comes from a company that has some of the best customer service in the industry. Remember, this is a lifetime purchase so cheaping out to save $150 or so now may come back to haunt you later down the road.
I somewhat agree. All in what your looking for. I definitely wouldn't even compare my guardian to my Alpine. But for near the same cost as a home assembled one that I would assume you get little cs for also, why not... Gemtek apparently has totally shitty cs also and it's near triple the cost. A $125 can with shitty cs is a lot easier to stomach than a $300+ can with shitty cs. I would absolutely suggest that if your cool with spending $500+ total for a MUCH better can to do it. If your not, I would choose the HTA ready to shoot over a home assembled one. UNLESS,,,they have great customer support. I'm just assuming that they would more or less be done with it after the point of sell. That's totally an assumption though.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I have both the Sparrow and spectre and second wyldman. I prefer the spectre on handguns and sparrow for rifle. Both are 5.7 rated, and at least the sparrow is full auto rated. The spectre may be too but I cant remember for sure at the moment. Both disassemble for cleaning and are very well built.

Both are heartily recommended.

Wyld - I have the saker 762. You will love it. Several folks here have shot mine on my 300 blk AR 15. Awesome. Love the versatility of the QD mount.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Dustin wrote:
iron369 wrote:Where does one procure the parts necessary to build a legitimate can? Most quick google searches seem to come to the "just for informational purposes only" category.
http://www.sdtacticalarms.com has good stuff for a center fire can.
This is where I've been window shopping parts to build one.

Bama
Been liked: 0

Post by Bama » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:17 pm

What all is needed from sdt to make one? solvent trap, both end caps, spacer, freeze plugs, and centering tool?
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 pm

I have shot Wyld's Sparrow and wish I had gotten it over my YHM Mite.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 pm

iron369 wrote:Where does one procure the parts necessary to build a legitimate can? Most quick google searches seem to come to the "just for informational purposes only" category.

Scrap pile

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:07 am

Sounds like Cranky needs to to a writeup ;)
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:26 am

Bama wrote:What all is needed from sdt to make one? solvent trap, both end caps, spacer, freeze plugs, and centering tool?
I have one built for up to .308. I acquired all the parts from SDTA. Check out their youtube videos and it will answer all your questions. They go over everything in detail. SDTA does not sell suppressor parts, they sell solvent trap parts. You will need the know how and proper tools to be able to manufacture the suppressor parts. Also look on ebay once you know exactly what you are looking for. 34.3mm is a great keyword to search from! Good luck!

Plus, you can paint it any color you want

Last edited by shelbygoat on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:29 am

Bama wrote:What all is needed from sdt to make one? solvent trap, both end caps, spacer, freeze plugs, and centering tool?
I made mine QD using their muzzle brake...so many options, as mine is also mainly titanium.

Best thing about making your own is you can experiment in what setup works the best, then decide on a final design.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:51 am

PDM wrote:Sounds like Cranky needs to to a writeup ;)
Attachments
image.jpg

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 am

shelbygoat wrote:
I have one built for up to .308. I acquired all the parts from SDTA. Check out their youtube videos and it will answer all your questions. They go over everything in detail. SDTA does not sell suppressor parts, they sell solvent trap parts. You will need the know how and proper tools to be able to manufacture the suppressor parts. Also look on ebay once you know exactly what you are looking for. 34.3mm is a great keyword to search from! Good luck!

How does it compare to a ready to shoot can cost wise? Is there any customer support if you have issues or something is defective? A .308/.30cal or whatever one is one I'd like to try if I ever assemble one.

Looks awesome by the way!

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Love my guardian .22. I have the newer one. Mine has over 5,000 reds fired and still runs great. Shot it today.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Niceguy wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

How does it compare to a ready to shoot can cost wise? Is there any customer support if you have issues or something is defective? A .308/.30cal or whatever one is one I'd like to try if I ever assemble one.

My parts for the can are under $400, that is using Titanium, so if you aren't using titanium, subtract $150. I also purchase two QD devices for two guns(~$130).

YOU are the customer support. YOU are building it. The products you buy online are not suppressor components, you much complete them and manufacture them to be suppressor components.

For example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-MagLite-Stora ... 33a9091dc6

You must drill the holes in them for them to be considered components of a suppressor.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:39 pm

shelbygoat wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

My parts for the can are under $400, that is using Titanium, so if you aren't using titanium, subtract $150. I also purchase two QD devices for two guns(~$130).

YOU are the customer support. YOU are building it. The products you buy online are not suppressor components, you much complete them and manufacture them to be suppressor components.

For example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-MagLite-Stora ... 9046?hash=
You must drill the holes in them for them to be considered components of a suppressor.
Suppressor can be gunsmithed just as any other firearm

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:47 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

For example...

Can suppressor be gunsmith built?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:48 pm

shelbygoat wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

For example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-MagLite-Stora ... 33a9091dc6

Awesome! I think I'll look into that. You have half to a third or less into to a quality titanium can than you would have into an equivalent ready to run one. That's not bad at all...

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Marcus wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

For example...

Can suppressor be gunsmith built?
It can be anyone built with a stamp.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Looks awesome by the way![/quote][/quote]

For example...

You must drill the holes in them for them to be considered components of a suppressor.[/quote]

Suppressor can be gunsmithed just as any other firearm[/quote]
Can suppressor be gunsmith built?[/quote]

Only if gunsmith has 07 manufactoring license.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:22 pm

guncrank1 wrote:.

Does my gunsmith have such a license?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:22 pm

So in a nutshell do I have all this right?

If we the great untrained make them, it has to be done on a Form 1, no way to legally throw parts together in the garage without it

A gunsmith can build one under their 07 manufacturing license, but if they do, if transferred to a buyer,or one who commissioned the build, the transfer must be done on a form 4
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Another Spectre II fan here
Height Supremacist

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:24 am

Vividia wrote:So in a nutshell do I have all this right?

If we the great untrained make them, it has to be done on a Form 1, no way to legally throw parts together in the garage without it

A gunsmith can build one under their 07 manufacturing license, but if they do, if transferred to a buyer,or one who commissioned the build, the transfer must be done on a form 4
Form 1 is make
Form 4 is buy
Last edited by guncrank1 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:25 am

Vividia wrote:So in a nutshell do I have all this right?

For the first part, correct. I ordered the parts and fitted them, but did not drill any holes until the form 1 was approved.

Second part, I can't give you an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:27 am

Marcus wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:.

Does my gunsmith have such a license?
150 is easy
500 is harder
2250 is impossible right now

So no I do not have a 07 , just a 01 as any other dealer.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Ok so i think i am going with a Spectre II from Silencerco for my first one. Who is a local dealer?

Return to “Suppressors”