Where to do trust?

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
samb.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Where to do trust?

Post by samb. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Anyone know of a bank local to Louisville preferably the South End that will do an NFA trust? Have the paperwork just need a bank that won't charge a monthly fee and is firearms friendly.

Or can I just do it with a notary and put a random firearm or something in it until I do my SBR and next can?

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Where to do trust?

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Notary public is all that is required. I've no idea what a bank would have to with a trust, beyond notary services, save possibly a safe place to keep the paperwork in safe deposit box, maybe.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Height Supremacist

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:52 pm

What Tyler said about kyguntrust. He handled mine, asked and answered questions, did the paperwork and turned everything around in a matter of a few days. One of the nice additions for the money is a guide he wrote about the different ways to own and transfer NFA items. I find it very useful. It all cost $200 as I recall, but I felt it well worth the money to have a gun specific trust that isn't a do-all kind of trust, making sure the beneficiary part was done right. Not all of the canned trusts handle things properly when it comes to NFA items. Yes, you can get it done for free. I paid the price for peace of mind.

Your paperwork will need to be notarized, which any bank should have on staff. In my business, we have someone on staff who is a notary for company documents. You might check to see if someone where you work is a notary. Saves a trip to the bank.

Keep your trust, and all stamps (when they finally come) in a fireproof box or safe, after you have made copies for daily use, of course.

You could put it into a safety deposit box, yes. However, there are drawbacks for anything kept in a safety deposit box. In the case of your demise, your assets are subject to probate. If there is no one else but you on your deposit box, the bank is liable to freeze it until probate happens. Then any paperwork inside it is prisoner and can't be acted upon. (This is also the reason you should NEVER keep the original of your will in the safety deposit box.)

Deposit boxes are for valuables that don't need to be accessed readily or easily. Banks usually don't charge a whole bunch of money for small boxes, but they do charge. You should have some sort of fireproof box or safe at home, anyway.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

SpyderArms

Post by SpyderArms » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:07 am

This is who I have do all of our clients trusts. It's only $99 any they usually have it to you next day. http://www.199trust.com/#oid=1031_1_banner_4

Sent from Spydermans Web
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 am

SpyderArms wrote:This is who I have do all of our clients trusts. It's only $99 any they usually have it to you next day. http://www.199trust.com/#oid=1031_1_banner_4

Sent from Spydermans Web
I just submitted mine today. Looking forward to getting it back.

they are running it at $79 right now

SpyderArms

Post by SpyderArms » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:56 am

shelbygoat wrote:
SpyderArms wrote:This is who I have do all of our clients trusts. It's only $99 any they usually have it to you next day. http://www.199trust.com/#oid=1031_1_banner_4

Sent from Spydermans Web
I just submitted mine today. Looking forward to getting it back.

they are running it at $79 right now
Yeah they just dropped it. Can't beat that price.

Sent from Spydermans Web
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Already received it back, less than 24 hours....about 15 hrs total

awesome service

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 pm

I like how they have a person online to talk to and ask questions.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:37 am

I'm thinking of using 199trusts. If you all have had good experience that seals the deal.
Ky CCDW Instructor

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:29 am

ken6881 wrote:I'm thinking of using 199trusts. If you all have had good experience that seals the deal.
Just had two stamps approved dec 1st using that service. I did nothing but sign and fill in the dates and get notarized when I got it. No issues.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:36 am

shelbygoat wrote:
ken6881 wrote:I'm thinking of using 199trusts. If you all have had good experience that seals the deal.
Just had two stamps approved dec 1st using that service. I did nothing but sign and fill in the dates and get notarized when I got it. No issues.

How do they advise you name your trust?

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:37 am

kokopelli wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:

How do they advise you name your trust?
Something simple that will be easily engraved into the firearms. Mine is DLS Trust. My initials.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:42 am

Ok, I thought recently ATF was whining about the the 'irrevocable living trust' being spelled out or they were sending back

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:56 am

kokopelli wrote:Ok, I thought recently ATF was whining about the the 'irrevocable living trust' being spelled out or they were sending back
I literally did nothing else but date and sign where I was supposed to and had it notarized. I added nothing else. I added my serial #s now to the trust that they are approved.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 am

When you add an item is there anywhere you have to notify of the update?
Ky CCDW Instructor

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:47 am

No. I am the settlor and a trustee. I don't have anymore trustee's on mine.

Return to “Suppressors”