Notary for NFA trust?

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
240witsr
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Notary for NFA trust?

Post by 240witsr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 am

Hey guys quick question.

I created a NFA trust while working in Australia and we both signed it (my wife and I). Can we scan/email the trust certification and scanned copies of our licenses to a notary in Kentucky to get it notarized? Im thinking it should be possible to do it via video chat/skype/facetime?

Really trying to get my suppressor ordered before I come home in May.

Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Notary for NFA trust?

Post by Rext » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 am

If thats cool with a Notary it should be OK. You only send a copy in anyway to BATFE. I had a guy that was in Mexico City that went to the embassy and had his notarized. I sent it in, so I dont know if it worked yet!
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:50 pm

As I recall, the notary is witnessing that it is indeed you that signed the document. If you personally know a notary who knows your handwriting, it might not be a problem if the notary is not present when you sign the document. I am not sure any old notary would be able to witness your signature without being able to verify your identity.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 am

Rext wrote:If thats cool with a Notary it should be OK. You only send a copy in anyway to BATFE. I had a guy that was in Mexico City that went to the embassy and had his notarized. I sent it in, so I dont know if it worked yet!
Please keep me updated if this works. I am looking for a notary in Kentucky that will facetime with me and notarize a scanned/emailed copy.

Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Vividia wrote:As I recall, the notary is witnessing that it is indeed you that signed the document. If you personally know a notary who knows your handwriting, it might not be a problem if the notary is not present when you sign the document. I am not sure any old notary would be able to witness your signature without being able to verify your identity.
True. We are bonded and can actually be fined for not witnessing said signatures.
Ky CCDW Instructor
NRA Refuse To Be a Victim Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
Owner Edgewise Knives....

Return to “Suppressors”