Student distributes pot brownies, school suspends victims

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

So they suspend the kids who ate the brownies even though they had no idea they were laced, plus did nothing else? WTF? what if it wasn't just pot?

http://www.wave3.com/story/17234149/10- ... t-brownies
Student distributes pot brownies at school; 10-11 students suspended
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:50 PM EDT Updated: Mar 22, 2012 6:50 PM EDT
By David Williams - email

(LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE)- A batch of brownies at a JCPS school leads to nearly a dozen students being suspended.But it's what was inside those brownies that has some parents quite upset. JCPS is investigating this incident that happened Wednesday. Originally 10-11 students were suspended for eating brownies that were laced with marijuana.

"It started from a child making some brownies, doing whatever he felt like doing to them and bringing them to school," said Crystal Fuller, a parent who's child was one of the suspended students.

Eastern High School, where according to a district spokesperson, a student distributed the brownies to several other students. Fuller claims her son ate a portion, unbeknownst to him.

"He looked like he was stoned," said Fuller.

Shelly Stephens claimed her daughter also ate a portion of a brownies.

"She wasn't aware of the fact that there was marijuana in the brownie," Said Stephens.

The brownies were made with an illegal ingredient. What came out of the oven were not your mother's brownies.

"No. No they weren't," said Stephens. "I mean they had drugs in them and they were given to other students."

Turns out, the brownies were laced with marijuana, says JCPS. The school principal tells WAVE 3 parents were immediately notified. Stephens took her daughter to the hospital. Fuller also sought medical help for her son. The district confirms it suspended 10-11 students for consuming the pot brownies.

"I am furious," Fuller said, emphatically. "I feel like...how do you penalize a victim? Why weren't the police called? Why wasn't an ambulance called? Why wasn't anything done except for 'we're going to suspend your kid?'"

The principal tells WAVE 3 an on-site retired nurse helped students. The principal said an ambulance wasn't called because it wasn't considered an emergency situation.

"They need to get them back in school," said Stephens. "That's their education. These 10 kids, as far as I'm aware of, they're good kids."

JCPS said the two parents and their students who were suspended are appealing their suspension. The two will be allowed back in school pending the outcome and their appeal.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Student distributes pot brownies, school suspends victim

Post by Rem700 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm

wow some took there kids to the hospital? Seriously? Just keep them fed and they will good by morning lol. O yea and im sure those kids had no idea and this was there first time! :llama:

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, typically a person doesn't even get high upon their first exposure to THC...or so I have "heard".
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I think I would have taken my kid to the hospital. Who is the JCPS employee that did a test on the brownies to make sure it was marijuana? Do they have an old stinkie hippie teacher that has calibrated taste buds to see if there was ONLY marijuana in the brownies?

What if it had been marijuana laced with something much stronger that the the dumb ass mom's kid like to smoke before bed?

Yeah, I woulda been going to the hospital.

Poorly handled all around by the leadership at this school, it would appear.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Hell naw you can't get high on me for free! (Devin The Dude)

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”