Indiana State Police: Turn in your drugs, no questions asked

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Indiana State Police: Turn in your drugs, no questions asked

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Just like gun turn ins get all the illegal guns off the street.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17200745/isp ... ions-asked
ISP: Turn in your drugs, no questions asked
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 12:04 PM EDT Updated: Mar 20, 2012 2:11 PM EDT
By Jaimie Weiss - email

SELLERSBURG, IN (WAVE) - A new law making all synthetic drugs in the Hoosier state illegal has Indiana State Police hoping your neighborhoods will be safer. First though, they have to get people to turn in drugs like Spice and K2 that were allowed last week.

"We just want to get this stuff off the streets. Our greatest joy would be if we had a semi load of stuff come in and say, 'Hey, I've got a semi load of spice or synthetic cocaine what do you want to do with it," said Sgt. Jerry Goodin with the ISP Sellersburg post.

That is why state police have set up dropoff sites at all their posts across Indiana. Retailers or people in possession of the drugs can bring it in, no questions asked.

"I'm telling you this is going to make a big difference," Goodin said. "This is going to level the playing field for police."

You have until the end of the month to drop off the drugs along with the state's drug roundup day on April 28.
Last edited by WLJ on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

g19
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Indiana State Police: Turn in your drugs, no questions a

Post by g19 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

I bet alot of people are going to just turn in their drugs....not

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 pm

My guess is that this is mostly for head shops that have cases of the stuff they are no longer legally able to sell. They probably also can't return it to their vendor so are stuck with it.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 pm

KYgundude wrote:My guess is that this is mostly for head shops that have cases of the stuff they are no longer legally able to sell. They probably also can't return it to their vendor so are stuck with it.
i was thinking the same

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”